cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creditsesame has not updated my score for sept and oct.

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Creditsesame has not updated my score for sept and oct.

Every time I try to update my information by clicking review now it logs off and says connection or internal error.

What could be the problem. Credit sesame does not know. If I click review later then it shows me my report that says updated oct 18 with August credit score of 711

I use all of my cards every month so that is not the problem.   creditsesame said to call bureau and see if account is froze or fraud alert but  CS website says connection or internal error. Last month I opened a email from a fake chase email so they sent me a new freedom card and  mentioned that they would contact credit bureau and had me forward the emails to them,(chase).  I emailed chase last night and they said IM sorry I don't see a fraud alert on your account.  Anyone experience this before?

This is for August.  
CREDIT
SCORE 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Creditsesame has not updated my score for sept and oct.

Who knows that may have something to do with it and it just may be where EX hasnt got the update from chase yet ( I think CS pulls EX)... I know mine took a LONG time to update from Aug to now as well I dont think it even updated for SEPT 

Message 2 of 10
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I just paid for a credit report and score from creditsesame just to see what would happen and it gave me a full new credit report and score. 

The score says 718 xpn equivalency model, wonder how far off this score is with a real fico score? Anyone in Pennsylvania checked lately?

Please post the scores  if you can it would be nice to see the difference. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 10
djrez4
Established Contributor

So, now two threads about this?

I think you're getting a bit over-excited about a minor technical glitch.  If you're really concerned, Quizzle and Credit.com offer Experian FAKOs too.

Message 4 of 10
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

PMS

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If I had that I would start by clearing out the cookies and cache out of my computer. There are times I'm stuck seeing a broken page when it works fine on another computer. I'd also try another computer. 

If that didn't work, then I'd pull my CR directly from Experian.com or use the freebie at annualcreditreport.com. Most of the time the CSR is wrong and it's worth backing up the existence or non-existence of a FA based on the comments in the full report (not seen elsewhere or via other 3rd-party sources). Even if you didn't place a FA, a creditor can (maybe not legally...I'll reserve that for others). It's a well-known fact, for example, that if you dispute an inquiry, there's a high probablility of an automatically placed FA. Likewise, questioning an account due to potential fruadulent activity (e.g. the bogus e-mail), can remotely result in a FA.

If the computer is OK and 100% for sure there is no FA, then I'd just start bugging them (CS).

Don't correlate CS' score with your EX FICO because you can't. It might be spot on today and 50 points off tomorrow. Different scoring factors and different scoring range.

Message 6 of 10
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully this is the last post for this subject from me. The reason for me contacting creditsesame is, when the website says we have updated your information please click review now or review later, I can stay on this page if I click review later. If I click review now it logs out with a message that says we have encountered a internal or connection problem. Please contact CS to try and resolve the issue. I did and CS said contact Experian and see if I have freeze or fraud alert. I contacted Experian and I don't have either. That's when I posted should I send CS a new email  or forget it.   Thanks for trying to resolve this mess. I should have only made one post. Learned something here from this. 

Message 7 of 10
distantarray
Established Contributor

with a 100% clean report it should be within 10 points of your actual fico, mine was 751 Credit Sesame, Amex Fico was 744 at the time of my last app. Although I did report a higher balance between so I should say it's fairly accurate.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 10
GregB
Valued Contributor

CreditSesame is a big waste of time. Their score is a complete waste of time and very misleading.

Message 9 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Mine was over 50 off when compared with my lender on the same week with the lender's EX FICO. DW's was at 20. One year later, mine was within 20 when compared to a lender's pull of the same EX FICO version. Just add plus or minus 50+ points and you'll get close.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.