cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creit Attorney (not repair) vs form letters here...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Creit Attorney (not repair) vs form letters here...

@Anonymous wrote:
As I understand it - only a paid collection must be removed at 5 years in NY (unpaid stays the 7 years). Cite the NY Code to the CRAs if paid and then ITS if they won't remove.
Truthfully - unless you have an absolute need to get these off NOW - I would just let them fall off. We all want 'perfection' - my cc payment history is perfect however I have one stubborn med collection and as far as I am concerned I offered to pay in full for remove and they told me 'no way'. well, it can stay the next 4 yrs and 8 months --- even a mortgage won't forcce me to pay a med (and I already have that) - so no deletion = no money. Not worth them suing over (they can only get $42.25 fin attorney fees per 'contract').

The paid was recent (Paid in full December).

The unpaids list DOLA as recent since made payments, but DOLAs/DOFDs are 11/01 and 1/02 respecitively (according to them). So not sure what scores and manual review look at.

I am going to try to get the paid collection off tomorrow by asking the Dr., whom I paid the debt AND his collection fees to, to tell CA it was reported in error. Maybe a recent Paid is worse then 7 year old unpaids (if the DOLA/DOFDs are in fact what determines their age for score and manual review).

Do you think there is any harm in sending a DV letter to try to shake these lose?

Partially I do want 'perfect' scores or at least close to / above 700 so I can get the best lines/APRs, but also I am putting Business Plan in front of Venture Capitalists and want the least amount to explain possible.

Thanks for everyone's help though, I can't believe I got a card!
Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.