Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critique my credit profile.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Critique my credit profile.

Started out rebuilding my credit Jan of last year, was at low 500s and now im just hitting 700s.

Was wondering if you fine people here would be willing to critique my credit profile and give me suggestions on what I could be doing better.

Discover IT: 650/5000

Commenity Victorias Secret: 480/750

Capital One Plat: 0/500

Capital One QS: 0/750

Best Buy Store Card: 0/3000

CFNA Firestone: 0/1200

Consolidation Loan from CU: 3750/4000

My current scores according to the dashboard are: EQ: 723 / TU: 716 / EX: 696

My goals are: Sometime this year I want to get out of my **bleep** apartment and either get a house or condo finally. Or get something newer than my 120k mile Civic.

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
kuku4koco
Frequent Contributor

Re: Critique my credit profile.

Besides the 64% Victoria Secret utilization... Everything else looks fine.  I would just work on getting that below 28.9%. (over 50% is not good).

EQ: 731 TU: 705 EX: 715

Cap1 QS: 9k USBank: 7k Amex BCE: 14.1k BoA: 8k Discover: 4.4k CareCredit: 12k *Various Store Cards: 18.7k
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's your income and installment debt and payments (including car loans, student loans, etc)?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My base income is 58k annually, unlimited overtime so thats usually about 10k extra per year.

I forgot to mention I do have one installment loan thats for my foam mattress bed, 300 dollars left out of 900 at 14% APR. Should probably just pay that off next payday and be done with it.

No car loans, no student loans. Just the Credit Cards, Foam Mattress Bed and Consolidation Loan through my Credit Union.

I rent an apartment, 1200 a month, live about 1.5 miles from work so commute is nice and easy (I bike in on nice days)

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll put you on a path to a house. 1) Build an emergency fund of $1000 if you dont already have one  2) List out your debts smallest to largest. You've already done this. Attack the smallest one first as hard as you can while paying the minimums on the rest. Once that one is done, move on to the next. This includes your consolidation loan. 3) Once you are 100% non mortgage debt free, up your emergency fund to 6 months of expenses. 4) You are now ready for a house. Save up for a down payment of 15% and go buy.

Message 5 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Do you have any monthly delinquencies or other payment history derogs?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

None, all three CAs show the same thing for myfico dashboard.

Late Payments 30+ Days - 0

Collections - 0

Derogatory Public Records - 0

Late Payments 60+ Days - 0

Accounts Always Paid as Agreed - 100%

Time Since Most Recent Late Payment - no delinquent accounts

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.