cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about score increase... Removed 2 inaccurate Capital One Late 30's Today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Curious about score increase... Removed 2 inaccurate Capital One Late 30's Today

Curious to see what my score will increase to?

I Talked to capital one today via online chat and save the conversation and printed the screenshots of the rep stating he would agree to remove the 2x 30 day late pays one from July 2012 and another from November 2012 (Just found out Thursday these were on there as my mortgage broker told me to pull my credit)  My Current scores from MYFICO are 656 and 632  these are the ONLY negative items on my credit report and  the last time I purchased a car about a year ago my banker told me I had mid 740 score.   I have Zero revolving debt and no mortgage showing on my credit report and owe 18k on my American express platinum account that will be paid off in full this week (credit report shows zero balance).  

My mortgage guy stated I will have to have at least a 720

Could those late payments have impacted my score that drastically?

Will the scores bounce back to where they are supposed to be once Capital One removes the two 30 day lates and sends me the letter stating they have been removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Curious about score increase... Removed 2 inaccurate Capital One Late 30's Today

Bump....

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Curious about score increase... Removed 2 inaccurate Capital One Late 30's Today

If your scores were around 740, yes, a single 30 day late could impact your score that much.  The higher your score the less to no negatives you have so when one hits it is devastating.  Whereas, when your score is already low and you have mulitple negatives, a late payment may not drop your score as much.

Message 3 of 4
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

When the final negative was removed from two of my credit reports (A 7 year old paid collection) my FICO score jumped 70 points and my EX FAKO score jumped 60, so I would believe that two more recent lates could be having that much impact. The large score jumps usually occur when the LAST of the negatives come off your report and there is no remaining derogatory information.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.