cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious about what is reported to your report..

tag
anybodii
New Contributor

Curious about what is reported to your report..

Loans, Credit cards, store cards, and defaults are reported to your credit report. If you were to rent a house for 2 years and make on time payments, wouldn't that be worth reporting? Obviously not everyone who rents a house would have the means or desire to, but if you were to default you would certainly see it on your report... Things like cell phone bills, cable bills, and other contracted things aren't reported... Why? Wouldn't the CRA make more money? If I was ATT and all other companies reported, I could see that John Doe has been with T-Mobile for 9 years and never missed a payment.... Maybe I'm little off topic for this Category, but I've always wondered this..

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Curious about what is reported to your report..

@anybodii wrote:

Loans, Credit cards, store cards, and defaults are reported to your credit report. If you were to rent a house for 2 years and make on time payments, wouldn't that be worth reporting? Obviously not everyone who rents a house would have the means or desire to, but if you were to default you would certainly see it on your report... Things like cell phone bills, cable bills, and other contracted things aren't reported... Why? Wouldn't the CRA make more money? If I was ATT and all other companies reported, I could see that John Doe has been with T-Mobile for 9 years and never missed a payment.... Maybe I'm little off topic for this Category, but I've always wondered this..

Yep, the CRA would make more money, but it would cost your creditors (utilitiy companies, cable providers, landlords, etc...) more money as well. And, given the nature of some industries, I'm not so sure that we, as consumers, would want them to report regularly. In a significant number of case, we're not being extended credit (sometimes, we're extending credit to the company), billing & reporting could be faulty at best, and it'd make it terribly difficult for us to negotiate lower prices for service the next time we decide to change cell & cable providers.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.