Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current Comparison of Credit Monitoring Services

tag
christinapitt76

Current Comparison of Credit Monitoring Services

Hello,

I have been using TransUnion truecredit service for years. Yes I know it shows FAKO scores not FICO. But I was happy with the service. Why?

Because at 9.95 a month I got unlimited copies of my TransUnion report and score and once every 30 days I could refresh all 3 bureaus reports and scores. The FAKO scores could give me a general idea of where I was on FICO and more important I could get a view of all 3 bureaus every month and dispute anything incorrect. I also got alerts anytime anything changed on any of the 3 bureaus, even if it didn't affect the FAKO score.

But then they decide to "improve" their service and now it's still 9.95 a month, I still get unlimited copies of TransUnion report and score, but have to pay 9.95 every time I want to update all 3 bureaus and scores. So now I'm paying at least 19.90 a month. And their new user interface sucks! I can't easily print the 3 reports, or even the TransUnion report.

I've bought myFICO TransUnion and Equifax scores, but I don't like their service either because I can't update every day, and only get alerts if changes in my report change the score using the formula they choose, and then only on Equifax. So if anything appears on TransUnion, or Experian I won't know.

So my question to you is do you use any of the services below? If so what do you pay per month? Can you refresh any of your 3 scores or reports every day? Can you refesh any of your 3 scores or reports every month? Can you refresh all 3 every day or month? Is there any other features included in the monthly fee you pay?

Thanks!

Service : _______________________________

Pay Per Month : __________________________

Scores I can Refresh _____________________

How Often I can Refresh Scores: ____________

Reports I can Refresh: ____________________
How Often I can Refresh Reports: ____________

Daily Alerts of changes: ____________________

Daily Alerts on 1 or all 3: ____________________

Extra Features: __________________________

Cost for Extra Features : ____________________

Services I  know of, Please let me know of any others

TransUnion

Equifax

Experian Credit Tracker - $4.95 /first month then 14.95 per month'

PrivacyGuard

IdentityGuard

TrustedID

LifeLock

CreditReprot.com

FreeCreditScore.com

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Current Comparison of Credit Monitoring Services

Check out the Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide . I've been putting it together and adding to it, though not as frequently as I'd like to. Prices and the services are ever evolving and some of these websites are bait and switch.  You'll find most of your list on the Guide. When I last checked TrustID and LifeLock were monitoring services and really didn't provide reports on any sort of frequency. I left these non-report CMSs off the list, but I'll certainly take another review to see if they have made any changes in the last couple of years. As with any links on this or any website, trust but verify with the info as prices can change all the time.

Message 2 of 5
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

I went with usaa's service,19.95/mo for unlimited pulls, if you call in you can get a six month discount price as well to make it cheaper. End result is I get a three bureau pull daily.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
RobertHendricks
New Visitor

What's the url for that so that I can check it and apply for the same?

Message 4 of 5
SpeeDj
Regular Contributor

As taken from Ilecs thread, https://www.usaa.com/inet/ent_utils/McStaticPages?key=creditcheck_monitoring_main when you initially sign up it gives you daily pull for Experian (sometimes I hate autocorrect), you can either call in to upgrade to the three bureau pull or wait a day to do it online on the account. Calling in its the best because you can ask for promo pricing for six months. Hope this helps.

JP

TU:552 | EQ:561 | EX:567 | Starting Score [LP from 08]
TU:693 | EQ:682 | EX:700 | Current Score [11.21.13]
[720 Overall] Goal Score - The grass is greener in the garden! (Amex made me fall out... since 12.13)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.