Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Disputes Information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer Disputes Information

Is this statement helpful?  Or does it hinder.  I disputed lates on my car loan last year.  The information came back verified, but that statement remains.  Does this mean that this TL is not factored into my score still, a year later?  If it is not, I would suspect that having the CRA remove that statement would cause my score to drop (with 3 60 day lates).  What do you think? 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Customer Disputes Information

Consumer statements neither help nor hurt. They are just sitting there noting that you dispute the lates.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Consumer statements neither help nor hurt. They are just sitting there noting that you dispute the lates.

I disagree.

The encoding of the report was not changed after the dispute.

INHO- If these are your ONLY lates leave it alone. If you have other lates at the same time or after- it could be hurting your score.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I disagree.

The encoding of the report was not changed after the dispute.

INHO- If these are your ONLY lates leave it alone. If you have other lates at the same time or after- it could be hurting your score.

Why is that?
Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

There are some things FICO will not calculate while a TL is in dispute. Does that mean you should dispute in hopes of increasing your score? NO! This could easily backfire.

Collections and public records do not apply and are never exempt while in dispute. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.