Frequent Contributor
eddymvp

DCU Members getting free credit score?

I have this message on my account when I login today. Will this be a true fico score?
MarineVietVet

Re: DCU Members getting free credit score?

eddymvp wrote:
I have this message on my account when I login today. Will this be a true fico score?

I would think the answer will be in the details. Read the information carefully. If you don't see the word "FICO" anywhere when it talks about credit scores I would be very wary and ask further questions.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

No, it wont.

Any creditor, including CUs, pay a fee under contract to report their activity with the CRA.

So that only covers their credit reporting.

In order to offer credit scores, it may have been part of their contract with the CRA to allow them to provide credit scores to their consumers that were generated by the CRA.

But a CRA cannot authorize a CU to receive scores directly from Fair Isaac.

I cant say that it wont be a FICO score, but I can proffer the opinion that the chances are almost zero.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Mega Contributor
RobertEG

WOW!

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

I wonder if it's the Beacon 5.0 (the classic EQ score that we get here and on Equifax's site), or if it's one of the tweaked ones? I know that some CU's use the FICO NextGen scores, causing quite a bit of confusion for forums members who are trying to figure this out.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}