Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU Members getting free credit score?

tag
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

DCU Members getting free credit score?

I have this message on my account when I login today. Will this be a true fico score?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU Members getting free credit score?

@eddymvp wrote:
I have this message on my account when I login today. Will this be a true fico score?

I would think the answer will be in the details. Read the information carefully. If you don't see the word "FICO" anywhere when it talks about credit scores I would be very wary and ask further questions.

From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

No, it wont.

Any creditor, including CUs, pay a fee under contract to report their activity with the CRA.

So that only covers their credit reporting.

In order to offer credit scores, it may have been part of their contract with the CRA to allow them to provide credit scores to their consumers that were generated by the CRA.

But a CRA cannot authorize a CU to receive scores directly from Fair Isaac.

I cant say that it wont be a FICO score, but I can proffer the opinion that the chances are almost zero.

Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

WOW!

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I wonder if it's the Beacon 5.0 (the classic EQ score that we get here and on Equifax's site), or if it's one of the tweaked ones? I know that some CU's use the FICO NextGen scores, causing quite a bit of confusion for forums members who are trying to figure this out.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.