cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU saga is finally over. I now have membership!!:)

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

DCU saga is finally over. I now have membership!!:)

Ok, so long story short (as much as I can so i won't leave out details), applied for membership last Friday and funded it.  The guy said if they need anything they will email you.  So that day I an got email they needed copy of  DL, I promptly faxed it over.  Next day they needed copy of utility bill. I told them that I don't pay utilites and its not in my name, can I send something else like car registration? Guy says no, and was rude. What??? I emailed them back saying to cancel the membership, refund my money back, and delete the HP. 

Anyway... Just didn't sit well with me what happened, so I emailed support to have a higher ranking supervisor call me back personally for a complaint. This morning a nice gentleman called me, I explained what happened, and emailed him all the correspondence emails from the guy that was rude. Told them I joined NASA right after that. He apologized for the csr, and asked if we could start again and get me membership. Well, several emails later and SS card, DL, and car registration sent.... I finally have membership! Got the checking account for the free EQ Fico score monthlySmiley Wink now to just sit back and garden for 2 yrs so I can apply for their CC ( they require 2 yrs post DC).  They used the same HP, and didn't do another one, the supervisor verified that. 

So hoping my gardening and a little time with them will set me up better for a cc with them which is my goal. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DCU saga is finally over. I now have membership!!:)

Congrats!  Perserverence pays off, and while DCU can be a little cumbersome (read: documentation happy) to deal with, they've absolutely done right by me over the years, and I have no complaints as it is a quality CU in terms of their products in addition to the handy monthly Beacon 5.0 score.

        
Message 2 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks Rev!!! I sure hope it pays off in the end for meSmiley Happy. Btw... When are you gonna jump on the NASA bandwagon?? You would approved no sweat! They required 2 yrs out of bk as well, and dishing out high limits right now!! Just go see the cc approval section!!lol!! I can't wait to have a card with them! I joined both for that reasonSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:
Thanks Rev!!! I sure hope it pays off in the end for meSmiley Happy. Btw... When are you gonna jump on the NASA bandwagon?? You would approved no sweat! They required 2 yrs out of bk as well, and dishing out high limits right now!! Just go see the cc approval section!!lol!! I can't wait to have a card with them! I joined both for that reasonSmiley Happy

Probably never TBH Smiley Happy.

I have memberships with 4 (edit: oops 5, I can't even keep track apparently anymore, sure sign I have too many) different CU's, I don't really need anymore and these days I don't have the need to limit chase and if I were going to it would likely be to try to get more CL on the Fidelity Amex.  While I might like to get to 50K in personal limits for additional buffer, I'm at ~30K now plus the NPSL Zync (which admittedly does me no good if I ever wind up needing to float a balance for financial hardship reasons) that's only one or two more credit cards once I get clean and I'll probably try to pickup a card from Logix when I next come out of the garden since I'd like to further the relationship with the local CU.  Depends what their underwriting is doing at the time I'm ready to take the swing, but I suspect I'm gardening for a good long while as short of a mortgage or if I have to buy a new car, there isn't much I can get to further my credit portfolio other than maybe an outside chance at a Cash+.

Anyway if a CU offers something compelling in their product mix that I don't already get, then I'm down, but since I don't need access to more credit on the personal front and DCU already gives me comparitively sweetheart auto loan rates, even Penfed (sigh) and SDFCU don't get a whole lot of use from me from when I added them a couple of years ago... my financial life just isn't that complicated and high limits from various creditors aren't that hard to obtain; I also think high limits from the Chase / Amex / BOFA's of the world, are worth substantially more from a "lipstick on the pig" perspective when I actually have to show my credit report to an underwriter.

My thoughts anyway Smiley Happy.

        
Message 4 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Completely understand!!! I obviously don't want all my cc to be coming from just CU's, but chase, citi, and Amex are all out till bk is off reports, another 9 yrs. I've got a stragedy too, and by then all my starter store cards will be closed, except for jcrew( always wanted that card and always got declined for it even when I had good credit years ago!! Go figure!) and Walmart, because credit solutions will hopefully work for me in 9 yrs and ill ask for $10k lol!!

Sorry got off track... When my bk falls off I'd like to have Amex, CU's, Barclays and a variety of lenders. But not too many CU's! I think I have enough Navy, NASA, and DCU. Ill have to depend on them for my high limits for the next 9 yrsSmiley Happy

Message 5 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@pizza1 wrote:

Completely understand!!! I obviously don't want all my cc to be coming from just CU's, but chase, citi, and Amex are all out till bk is off reports, another 9 yrs. I've got a stragedy too, and by then all my starter store cards will be closed, except for jcrew( always wanted that card and always got declined for it even when I had good credit years ago!! Go figure!) and Walmart, because credit solutions will hopefully work for me in 9 yrs and ill ask for $10k lol!!

Sorry got off track... When my bk falls off I'd like to have Amex, CU's, Barclays and a variety of lenders. But not too many CU's! I think I have enough Navy, NASA, and DCU. Ill have to depend on them for my high limits for the next 9 yrsSmiley Happy

I'd keep the CU cards forever on the assumption they are $0 AF anyway.  DCU in part gave me the sweetheart auto loan rate because in their records I had been a member for 12 years... even if I had forgotten about the 5K I left in that account back in my old Lycos days.

Once you establish the relationship with a CU, don't kick it to the curb unless they truly start to suck.

Anyway establishing history and patiently waiting for the BK to fall off is not a bad strategy at all; I didn't have a BK but I had a slew of tax liens though that didn't keep me locked out of some of the higher tier lenders fortunately.  2 down 1 to go, 2018 cannot get here soon enough... and my scores likely go to 760+ as soon as it comes off that far in the future, even on a Beacon 5.0.

Maybe if my income supports it at that point in time I can actually get a mortgage out here, or just move back to Texas or wherever and be a homeowner tomorrow, decisions decisions hehe.

        
Message 6 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Lmao!!! I love TX!!! I'm from Houston, and have thinking of moving back for change for few years, funny you say that!

I have no plans now or in the future what so ever to get rid of the CU cards. They are gold bricks for me in my rebuild and Navy took a huge chance on me and gave me my first ever in my life a five digit CL! I never had a CL over $6k when my credit was good years ago because I was like Ron1, and had like 25 CC's lol!! No seriously...I will be faithful to anyone that gives me a high limit on a cc during my rebuild and my reports looking a mess. That means keeping cap 1 and Barclays too! Smiley Happy I'm really hoping in a few years that NASA and DCU pull thru for me and give me a cc.
Message 7 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

LMFAO MJ!! What?! No congrats, glad it's Over?? I'm confused by your response! Lol!!!
Message 9 of 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
LMFAO MJ!! What?! No congrats, glad it's Over?? I'm confused by your response! Lol!!!

Lol Just wanted to get your attention LMAO

A big congrats 

Now get back in the GC 

I imagine your doing.......................

Flips 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.