Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU?

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

DCU?

Question... I have been thinking about dumping US Bank for a bit now and going to a CU for my primary checking and starting to probe around which CU, will suit my needs.  Not sure if this is even the correct area for this post, but this is where it will land until or if a moderator moves itSmiley Happy.  I heard DCU does a HP for membership with EQ, if they do that hard pull can I use that same HP for a CC with them or an auto loan or will each be an additional HP against EQ?  Thanks for those who know DCU.  I would do direct payroll deposit For what its worth so that would work for the autoloan portion.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Re: DCU?

Seperate HP for the account. I was told too diferent departments. You can however do  one pull for car loan & CC.

Message 2 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I'm  not sure about DCU. You can send money to them for free, but transferring money out will cost you. Unless you use the debit card.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 3 of 7
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

If not just for their Equifax FICO score, I would have dropped them already. It costs you to transfer money out, but free if you transfer in. 

Message 4 of 7
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Do they not have a bill pay service?  Can't you just set yourself up as a payee?

Message 5 of 7
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I use my investment account as the hub of my banks/etc.  To pull money out of DCU, I go to my investment account and initiate an ACH transfer.  There are no fees from either end to pull money out.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditDunce wrote:

I use my investment account as the hub of my banks/etc.  To pull money out of DCU, I go to my investment account and initiate an ACH transfer.  There are no fees from either end to pull money out.

I do a ACH pull from my discover checking Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.