Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DH's EQ up!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH's EQ up!

Hey guys!  I know long time no post...ehhh the funk continues somewhat DH spent 3 days in the hospital the first part of this week.  He's diabetic and his blood sugar was over 700 when the ambulance got him to the hospital.  Trying to get his meds straightened out and get him to realize he can't play around with diabetes ~ between him and this credit stuff I think I'm gonna lose my mind sometimes.  I have had  a couple of really bright spots in the last couple of days tho...so that helps!

EX updated info on DH's report regarding a foreclosure in 04.  It was showing a past due balance of around 5k and total debt of 92k.  They updated and deleted the past due balance and shows the total debt at 0 and the home was foreclosed on instead of being delinquent.  EQ/TU still investigating.  Bought the EX Fico today and no change that I can see...it's still 644 (I don't know how much it dropped because of recent inquiries ~ but nonetheless it's still up from 561 last month) 

DH's EQ has jumped up from 589 to 604 yay!  The Hilco Receivables collection account finally dropped from the repo'd toyota!  I thought maybe it would be a little bit higher because of the CCCU credit card reporting now..but I'll take what we got ~ sure looks alot better!  There are a few accounts that have been removed from EX that EQ is still investigating.

Still clueless about TU.  Can't buy a score with them thru myfico.  It says not enough recent activity or history in the last 6 months.  I'm disputing several things on that report.  CCCU still hasn't shown up on CR ~ also waiting for the bank loan and home depot card to report to all 3.

DH got denied for Target Red and for the Wal Mart card..oh well.  Even with that things are looking better.  No news on the other repo fiasco...Smiley Mad

Now...my credit.  Arrow called me the other day and yesssss..I talked to them.  They are offering a settlement on my First Premier account.  Balance is 258 they are asking for 90.  I have until 08/31 to make up my mind.  I did ask about the pay for deletion and the guy told me they don't do that.  Eh...a paid collection is better than an unpaid, right?  I'll see what the $ situation looks like at the end of the month.
Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DH's EQ up!

Sorry about DH but keep up the good work..
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Boo,

Been missing your posts. Glad your DH is doing better and that things are starting to look up/  Stay encouraged and keep at it, the payoff will be great....

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

myhearts07 wrote:

Hey Boo,

Been missing your posts. Glad your DH is doing better and that things are starting to look up/  Stay encouraged and keep at it, the payoff will be great....

((((((((((((hearts))))))))))))))

Hi honey!  Thanks for the encouragement!!  I'm trying to get back in the swing of things 'round here!  I've got lots of reading and catching up to do!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tmleverage wrote:
Sorry about DH but keep up the good work..

Thanks!  It's nice when you start to see positive results....but I'm greedy I wanna see more right now!  lol

DH's in the doghouse...gonna pull the ol' guilt trip on him tonight..."if you won't take care of yourself for you...do it for me and boys"  Smiley WinkSmiley Sad
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey kims...sorry to hear about your dilemas.....it can only get better, right!!! Stay optomistic and just remember that life is only a learning experience that we all go through!!1 You are never alone, and there is always someone that is worse off than you/we are!! That being said....I personally would NOT settle on that First Premier account. Yes, it will show paid, but it will also show "settlement", which means other creditors will see that you did not pay this balance in full. It happened to one of my accounts, and some denials that I have recieved have been due to "settlement" on this account. Sad thing is my balance was 697.00.....the collections agency settled with me for 618.00. I thought I was paying the full balance. This was before joining this forum and learning the ends and outs. I am now trying to pay the difference to the original creditor if they will delete it. I will NOT pay it if they will not delete it because that will only reage the account!!!

Good luck.....you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

flygirl wrote:
Hey kims...sorry to hear about your dilemas.....it can only get better, right!!! Stay optomistic and just remember that life is only a learning experience that we all go through!!1 You are never alone, and there is always someone that is worse off than you/we are!! That being said....I personally would NOT settle on that First Premier account. Yes, it will show paid, but it will also show "settlement", which means other creditors will see that you did not pay this balance in full. It happened to one of my accounts, and some denials that I have recieved have been due to "settlement" on this account. Sad thing is my balance was 697.00.....the collections agency settled with me for 618.00. I thought I was paying the full balance. This was before joining this forum and learning the ends and outs. I am now trying to pay the difference to the original creditor if they will delete it. I will NOT pay it if they will not delete it because that will only reage the account!!!

Good luck.....you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!Smiley Wink

Thanks flygirl!

I know what you mean about the settlement but since I'm not working right now the 282 would be harder to come by at the end of the month than the 90.  I'm going to send a PFD but should I send it to the OC or the CA?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about your hubby. Hope he is doing better. Congratulations on the score increase.

Cecilia
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hiya KIMS,  sorry about DH & happy that he is home.
If your state SOL is past you can give the CA a hard time. If not be careful.

wtg on scores!!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.