Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DH's sister screwed up a pmt???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH's sister screwed up a pmt???

DH's sister is a bank manager & co-signed for him to get a personal loan right when we first got married. Since we were overseas & this was a small-town lender (she only got the loan for him b/c she knew the lender from around town, that's how bad his credit was...) she handled the pmts for us. This agency is so small, they couldn't even accept auto-billing or bank/cc transactions, all had to be paid by check. So we set up an automatic transfer to her bank and she walked the payment over faithfully every month.

FF to Sept 07, the last pmt is made. It's reporting as 30 days late on his report, which is MAJOR. It's the only late he has in the past FOUR YEARS and it's super-recent, and she SWEARS she made the pmt in plenty of time, and being a branch manager this could be bad for her credit too, so she's not likely to mess it up.
We disputed through CRA, came back verified. I sent MOV to CRA, it came back saying this: "Account status: Remains. This account has been verified by LENDER. LENDER provided additional information to support this status. For further information, contact LENDER..."

Questions now:
1. This is my first MOV response.. is this what it should look like? Seems pretty useless to me.
2. We have also written the lender to see what they can provide as proof.
3. What if she WAS late with the pmt & is now super-embarrassed?? Will this make us look like donkeys for forcing the issue w/ the CA when we were indeed late??
4. If that's the case, what can we do? Can we GW for a pmt that we didn't even make???
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DH's sister screwed up a pmt???

Does she have proof of when she made the payment?

Maybe she can talk to the lender since she knows them and get them to remove the late.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

that's what I'm going to ask her for next... I'm nervous about asking, though. It's my SIL, you know? And the lender she was buds with isn't there any longer... he's been replaced by Rosemary's Baby, all grown up...
Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I haven't seen a canceled check in several years, but mine are scanned in, front and back, by my bank (yay, USAA!) and can be pulled up on line. This has saved my patootie a couple of times, back before I paid almost everything online.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.