cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIFFERENT information about the same company on Scorewatch ALERT and Scorewatch Report - same day!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DIFFERENT information about the same company on Scorewatch ALERT and Scorewatch Report - same day!!!

I got a EquifaxScorewatchGold yesterday about a new collection account (which I have no idea why) and I am amazed and frustrated to see 3 different versions of it from Equifax  (see below). 

The alert shows the name/add of the company but the credit report(s) does not.  

My question is, the REAL credit report from Equifax (version 2 below) did not come with the name and address of the Company. Why is it so ? If Equifax ALERT can show the address of the company, why on earth the REAL CREDIT REPORT does not have it  ? 

Can I request for a Validation based on the address mentioned in the ALERT even though it’s not present in the REAL EQUIFAX CREDIT REPORT ?

Version1 : EquifaxScorewatchGoldalert JEFFERSON CAPITAL LLC  (XXXXXXXXXX)
Opened: Not on Record
Show/Hide Details
Balance: $60 Credit limit or largest balance: Not Reported Past due: $60 Payment terms: Not Reported Status: At least 120 days or more than four payments past due First reported: 11/1/2008 Portfolio type: Open Account     Description: Collection account

Contact: JEFFERSON CAPITAL LLC, 16 McLeland Rd, Saint Cloud, MN, 56303  

Version2:  I pulled a Equifax credit report (one of the two FREE available) from the Scorewatch and it says  

Descriptions [?]·                                 Collection accountNo contact information provided by Equifax Balance [?] Current Status [?] Past Due Amount [?] $60 120+ days past due $60Seven year payment history [?] 30 days late 0 times 60 days late 0 times 90+ days late 0 times

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: DIFFERENT information about the same company on Scorewatch ALERT and Scorewatch Report - same da

Thats something you need to call Equifax about. But honestly, It does not matter whether one report has the address and the other does not. But now that you have the address, you can go ahead and fire out the DV. Good luck and cheers.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DIFFERENT information about the same company on Scorewatch ALERT and Scorewatch Report - same da

Do you have SW from here or through EQ? It sounds as if though you might have it through EQ.

As for the actual report not showing any details, I have no clue why that is, if the report was directly from EQ. If the report was from myFICO, it could be because EQ has masked it due to the CA being known to report medical debts.

Yes, I would use the information from the alert to DV the CA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.