Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISCOVER CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DISCOVER CARD

I want to apply for a Discover Card but not sure if credit score is high enough. TU:685, EQ 677, EXP 711. I have a bk that was discharged in 2003, any advice would be appreciated. I am not sure if the bk will automatically be a disapproval.
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DISCOVER CARD

Discover is hit and miss. While your scores suffice, I wouldn't try with a BK. Also, keep in mind they (and AMEX) blacklist. So you have no chance if you IIB.

Your EX should be plenty good enough for a Delta Amex. Delta is the ONLY Amex card that is moderately BK friendly. I am only recommending the Delta because your BK is over 2 years old.

Your EQ is also good, give the Citi Premier Pass card a try. If Citi approves convert to their Dividend Plat Select card. Good luck!  
Message 2 of 21
fused
Moderator Emeritus

prosper329 wrote:
I want to apply for a Discover Card but not sure if credit score is high enough. TU:685, EQ 677, EXP 711. I have a bk that was discharged in 2003, any advice would be appreciated. I am not sure if the bk will automatically be a disapproval.

Speaking on my experience and that of a few others, Discover is by no means easy to get.  I do know you need an established cc history, preferably with no lates or other baddies.  They also prefer Fico scores over 700 but will approve some with lower scores who have a solid cc history.
Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to get? It must have changed in the last 9 years. I got a discover card right after I turned 18, maybe my second CC ever, so no established credit there. Not sure, maybe it has tightened up or after your early years its harder.

Darrell
Message 4 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

fused111 wrote:

prosper329 wrote:

Speaking on my experience and that of a few others, Discover is by no means easy to get.  I do know you need an established cc history, preferably with no lates or other baddies.  They also prefer Fico scores over 700 but will approve some with lower scores who have a solid cc history.

Agreed... Discover is far from easy.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

tuscani:

In the distant past I had two discover cards charged off in the 80's but, was still able to get a new CC fr them recently. May be U wanna revise that Blacklist.......They gave me a 4K.

Message Edited by howardi on 06-11-2007 07:13 AM
Message 6 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

howardi wrote:
tuscani:

In the distant past I had two discover cards charged off in the 80's but, was still able to get a new CC fr them recently. May be U wanna revise that Blacklist.......They gave me a 4K.

Message Edited by howardi on 06-11-2007 07:13 AM

Thanks. Perhaps their blacklist only applies to IIB. Not sure.
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got DC for discover Smiley Sad EQ 712. Not enough history.
Message 8 of 21
Tavares
New Contributor

Tuscani, did you ever find out about this?

Thanks,
Tavares
FAKO - EX: 749 | EQ: 769 | TU: 749
Message 9 of 21
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Tavares wrote:
Tuscani, did you ever find out about this?

Thanks,
Tavares

I am hearing mix reviews, nothing conclusive.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.