Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPUTE ACCOUNT SPINING MY WHEELS

tag
senseidab
New Contributor

DISPUTE ACCOUNT SPINING MY WHEELS

I have had an ongoing  1 year battle with citi finacial regarding a personal;loan account.  I was under the influence that the account was a 7000.00 paid in full.  I get no further bills from citi for nearly a year.  I then get told that i owwed upwards of 600. deferred intrest!   I call with no argument to pay it and im told the account had a 20.00 past due amount i pay that by check.  I then check my credit report includoing spendig days upon days with their internal credit people and im told i owe 2.00 two dollars when i go o pay that the say i owe  .23 cents andthey cant take a payment by phone for less than 5 dollars.  So I write a check for 2.00 to be on the safe side.  Citi Financial then reports a charge off of  2.00    I disputed with equifax and they  confirmed the  -0- balance  last activity date   but chargeoff  UNKNOWN,    Its my understanding that accounts collections or charge off below 100.00 although reported do not effect your score.   Im trying to make the point with  EX and EXP to indicate this was a 2.00 BS chargeoff. THey cant verify the amount written off    should the account be deleted?      or  should I and how do I have a statement made on my reports to explain this BS so i could avoid adverese consequences     TY

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DISPUTE ACCOUNT SPINING MY WHEELS

@senseidab wrote:

I was under the influence...

Well, there's your problem.

No, seriously, I know you meant "impression." I hope you get it resolved. It sure sounds like you've been through more than enough pain on this one. It's frustrating when the bank just let's things accumulate when one email might be all it alert someone to a problem and save them, well, $600+ and a lot of aggrevation.

Message 2 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Your argument is with the one who is reporting the CO, escalate the problem to the CEOs office.

Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

It seems that when dealing with Citi Financial there are always more charges after the account is paid off.  I had the same problem, wasn't late.  They just kept saying I owed more everytime I paid it off.  Deferred interest is a good one, never did figure out what that was.  Finally I paid them more, and they had to refund me.  They have some shady accounting practices IMO.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@senseidab wrote:

Its my understanding that accounts collections or charge off below 100.00 although reported do not effect your score.

While we're picking nits they won't effect your score.  Whether or not they affect your score...

Seriously, though, you need to sort this out with Citi.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.