Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMP Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DMP Questions

About a year and a half ago, I ended up going with CCCS to try and get my debt in check.  Things have been going good with them, but after finding sites like this I wish I would have put in the work myself.  My question is, is the DMP bringing my Fico scores down?  If so, does the scores get better as I get closer to completion of the DMP?  Any options on how to raise my scores.  They are as follows:

Experian-638
Equifax-616
TransUnion-598

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: DMP Questions

I graduated DMP back in November.  DMP has no affect on FICO scores and as you pay down your debt, your scoresd will rise.

If you have extra money, you can pay down your CCs that have high util on them even though the CCCS pays them as well.

I cant speak for other CCCS's put the one I used Debt Free Christian (Harbour) didnt know what my real balances were.

I wished I had monitored my FICO during my time in the DMP.  I only started doing so the last 2 months of the program.

And in case you were wondering, their is life after DMP.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
marty56
Super Contributor

I graduated DMP back in November.  DMP has no affect on FICO scores and as you pay down your debt, your scoresd will rise.

If you have extra money, you can pay down your CCs that have high util on them even though the CCCS pays them as well.

I cant speak for other CCCS's put the one I used Debt Free Christian (Harbour) didnt know what my real balances were.

I wished I had monitored my FICO during my time in the DMP.  I only started doing so the last 2 months of the program.

And in case you were wondering, their is life after DMP.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt response.  I wish I knew my scores when I started.  But I can monitor them from here on out.  Would I pay the CC directly or make an additional payment through CCCS?  I have to send statements in every 3 months to CCCS to ensure everything is good.  I was happy with my 2 scores in the 600's but not TransUnion.  I figured they would all be lower. 

Would applying for a auto loan affect my DMP status?  Will the CC company's be upset with this?  And my final question, with my scores, what are my chances of getting a loan for say like $30,000?
Message 3 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

You would pay the CC directly.

I dont know about the auto loan but if you have a BofA account in DMP and you apply for a new credit card, BofA will drop you from the program.  That is how I got a 120 late on my CR.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.