cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD & DOLA..What is the difference?

tag
annalue1972

DOFD & DOLA..What is the difference?

I was just viewing my credit report and I am wondering when charge off's will come off. I don't know the first DOFD but I do know the DOLA's. Most are 2003. Will these come off in 2010 or possibly sooner?

I also have 2 open delinquent accts that have last activity of 2003 & 2004. Howcome they are still open if the rest are not? These are cc's by the way.

Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD & DOLA..What is the difference?

EX and TU use DOLD for removal dates EQ uses DOLA.

If there are not CA's attached to these- I would do what ever you can to get these accts paid and off the books- unless you are planning on waiting for them to get out of SOL and drop dates.

@annalue1972 wrote:
I was just viewing my credit report and I am wondering when charge off's will come off. I don't know the first DOFD but I do know the DOLA's. Most are 2003. Will these come off in 2010 or possibly sooner?
I also have 2 open delinquent accts that have last activity of 2003 & 2004. How come they are still open if the rest are not? These are cc's by the way.
Thanks

Message 2 of 7
annalue1972

I think they all have CA's. The SOL for my state is 3 yrs for open accts. Can the 2 that are open still come after me for the money?
Message 3 of 7
annalue1972

The DOLA on those 2 open accts is Jan. 2004. Should I worry about them?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not worry about them suing-you have a affirmative defense.

@annalue1972 wrote:
The DOLA on those 2 open accts is Jan. 2004. Should I worry about them?

Message 5 of 7
annalue1972

Can they still send out collection letters or sale the acct to try and collect?

Also, when I got divorced, the foreclosure was put on my CR but my SSN was not obtained to get the mortgage. It was in my ex's name but I was on the deed. This is also on my CR but says 0 balance. Does this go against me too? Do I need to have it removed?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can try to collect and place it on your credit report until 7 years past DOFD (EX and TU) 7 years past DOLA (EQ).

If you are in a community property state - they probably can put it on your report. I would still dispute it.

@annalue1972 wrote:
Can they still send out collection letters or sale the acct to try and collect?
Also, when I got divorced, the foreclosure was put on my CR but my SSN was not obtained to get the mortgage. It was in my ex's name but I was on the deed. This is also on my CR but says 0 balance. Does this go against me too? Do I need to have it removed?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.