Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD got a question

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

DOFD got a question

What is the difference between DOFD and Date of major deliquency first reported?  I see both of these posted on my equifax?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD got a question

glamchick wrote:
What is the difference between DOFD and Date of major deliquency first reported?  I see both of these posted on my equifax?

Could mean nothing!!!  I had it on my CR   BUT   EQ  uses DOLA.......Look and see if it shows   *will remain on CR until   month/year *       it is typed    OR look for just   DOLA
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD got a question

glamchick wrote:

DOFD stands for Date Of First Delinquency, and it's the shorthand most here and at least one other place uses.

DOFMCD, or Date Of First Major Continuous Delinquency, and a few other terms are often kicked around.

Depending upon how pinheaded one wishes to be, it can devolve into a semantics debate.

In a nutshell, when something goes 120 days, it's supposed to get COed and that's the DOFD which gets reported to the CRAs and that's the date, 7 to 7.5 years later, when something drops from ones CRs.

EQ appears to be telling people, or at least implying, that the 7 year rule is based on DOLA. This is a lie. If they persist, dispute CMRRR and cite FCRA §605(a)(4) and §605(c)(1).

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.