Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD wrong on EQ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD wrong on EQ?

I have an unpaid CO from early 2010 that I have disputed multiple times with EQ and it keeps coming back as verified. It is supposed to fall off EX ("on record until") in Apr 2017. TU deleted if after I disputed it in Sept 2016. For some reason EQ is being particularly stubborn about it. It is out of the SOL in my state (5 yrs--Missouri). They are listing my DOFD as 7/2010 but my last payment was in Apr 2010. Can I disupute the DOFD and request an EE from EQ by sending them copies of statments showing unpaid/past due balance etc? The account was never brought current. Any other suggestions? I'd like to get it off ASAP as I'm looking into getting a mortgage and this is one of the last negative tradelines on my report. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOFD wrong on EQ?

Showing when your past payment was made will not alone establish the DOFD.

If you have account records, provide the billing statement that shows when you first became delinquent, and then subsequent statements showing that the account was not thereafter returned to paid or pays as agreed good-standing.

For clarification, showing that a last payment was made in April, 2010 can establish, if the statement also shows that the payment met the timeliness and minimum, that the account was in good-standing as of that date.  That means there is no reportable DOFD at that time, as the account was in good-stnding.

May, 2010 and subsequent months could also be in good-standing, even if no payments were made, if no charges were made.

If the June billing statement was not paid on its July due date, that could establish a proper DOFD of 07/2010.

If the account thereafter remained delinquent until a CO or collection, the DOFD that would apply to the CO or collection would be 07/2010.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I'm confused as to why the 3 different CRA's would have different DOFDs. Shouldn't the OC report the same thing to all 3? Obviously I prefer the one that is the soonest. Any insight into this?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an unpaid CO from early 2010 that I have disputed multiple times with EQ and it keeps coming back as verified. It is supposed to fall off EX ("on record until") in Apr 2017. TU deleted if after I disputed it in Sept 2016. For some reason EQ is being particularly stubborn about it. It is out of the SOL in my state (5 yrs--Missouri). They are listing my DOFD as 7/2010 but my last payment was in Apr 2010. Can I disupute the DOFD and request an EE from EQ by sending them copies of statments showing unpaid/past due balance etc? The account was never brought current. Any other suggestions? I'd like to get it off ASAP as I'm looking into getting a mortgage and this is one of the last negative tradelines on my report. Thanks!!

EX "on record until" includes their early exclusion allowance of 3 months. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.