Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DORMANT...

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: DORMANT...

The dormant account was not fully factored / if at all into your score while it was dormant. When you used the card it is not factored into your score. I agree with other posters it should not cause a 32 point drop in your score. I would pull a credit report and compare the FICO score reasons from before and after the use of the card. Look for changes in the reason code or order it might help you understand why the score changed.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 11 of 13
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

I don't think using a dormant card would cause you to loose points.   I would pull your credit reports to make sure nothing else happened.   E.g. an old baddy being reported, etc.  

Concur.  Just used and paid on an account will be closing next month, got recent activity notice for dormant account, since the reporting balance was 0, did nothing to my score.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im getting it here at MyFico.com

The exact verbage is "An account that has been inactive for more than six months has become recently active". Then it shows before score and after score. No other activity on this reporting or one before it. 

As stated above you can't rely solely on the alerts and need to carefully compare reports before and after the score change.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.