Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Letter for CRTP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV Letter for CRTP?

I paid a few collection accounts in '05 and '06 not realizing that the should of been coming off my cr's in '07.  So now they all show as paid, but are still being reported.

Can I send a DV letter to verify (and dispute) the CRTP even know the debt has been paid?

thanks in advance

wong
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Re: DV Letter for CRTP?

No, in your case, you would write them a GW letter.  It is showing paid but they will still report for 7 years since the DOLA is whenever you paid it.
I am trying GW letters and hopefully they work.  They seem to for most everyone else on here!!!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

a gw letter to the collection agency. seems like a bit of a paradox.  has anyone had any luck with this?  how about with asset acceptance corp.  i read they are ruthless.
Message 3 of 10
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

who did you pay?  The OC or the CA?  Maybe someone like NoahBodie could help out better than I can in this situation.  I was just trying to help.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the advice. i paid the collection agency.  however, credit management ( one of the paid agencies) sent the letter stating that their client (the original creditor, i presume) has informed them that the account was paid in full.

so i am not sure who to send the gw letter to.

any help?
Message 5 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks for the advice. i paid the collection agency.  however, credit management ( one of the paid agencies) sent the letter stating that their client (the original creditor, i presume) has informed them that the account was paid in full.

so i am not sure who to send the gw letter to.

any help?

I don't think that you write a GW in this instance. Paying the CA resets SOL, but not the CRTP. They need to go away NOW or be sued. I would write them a "You are reporting past the CRTP letter, please go away or my attorney will sue" letter.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Maybe I should keep my mouth shut since I still don't know squat!!  hahaha  I will just watch and learn. heheheSmiley Wink
Message 7 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@danikasmom wrote:
Maybe I should keep my mouth shut since I still don't know squat!!  hahaha  I will just watch and learn. heheheSmiley Wink

No, not at all. People on this forum have sent GWs to CAs, to remove old PIF collections. But these people are violating the law, so a GW is not in order. You have given some salient advice. I just read another thread where you responded perfectly. I have given my share of incomplete advice, but I just keep reading, keep learning from others who have experienced it and hopefully can pass on the knowledge of others to those in need. You keep on plugging and helping. Your heart is in the right place, which goes a very long way.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

so should i send the letters to the ca or dispute the crtp w/ the cra's?  i read on another message that sending the gw letters to ca's have resulted in successful deletion. 

Message 9 of 10
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
so should i send the letters to the ca or dispute the crtp w/ the cra's?  i read on another message that sending the gw letters to ca's have resulted in successful deletion. 

You can dispute with the CRAs "beyond CRTP" and they should go away. Because I have such a disdain for CAs, I would write them that letter to make sure that they don't try to become a zombie. Yes, people have used GWs for CAs to remove. In most cases this happens on old PIF accounts. In your instance, the CA has violated the FCRA.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.