Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV/OC Question for those who've done them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV/OC Question for those who've done them

So I looked at the date on the Return Receipts I got back, they are dated 3/10 (Monday). Generally if an OC or CA is going to just drop it, wouldn't they have dropped off by now, i.e. does the fact it is 4 days later and no drop-off indicate they are probably either a) ignoring or b) gathering the data or b) preparing their own not so nice retaliation?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV/OC Question for those who've done them

I haven't sent any to OCs but I did CAs. The two who replied back that they closed the account, didn't close right away. One still has yet to delete and said I had to prove they were reporting b4 they would, so I disputed via the CRAs. The other deleted this week, letter was dated middle of Feb. I think they delete when they do their regular updating.

nyccc2 wrote:
So I looked at the date on the Return Receipts I got back, they are dated 3/10 (Monday). Generally if an OC or CA is going to just drop it, wouldn't they have dropped off by now, i.e. does the fact it is 4 days later and no drop-off indicate they are probably either a) ignoring or b) gathering the data or b) preparing their own not so nice retaliation?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't sent any to OCs but I did CAs. The two who replied back that they closed the account, didn't close right away. One still has yet to delete and said I had to prove they were reporting b4 they would, so I disputed via the CRAs. The other deleted this week, letter was dated middle of Feb. I think they delete when they do their regular updating.

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the update. Now for the million dollar question; did you DV right after you got the initial collection letter, or is this later on after perhaps disputes that didn't work? Most of mine are for several year old Debts, and I've had them 'validated' twice but I want to see what they actually have before I actually pay.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

nyccc2 wrote:

Thanks for the update. Now for the million dollar question; did you DV right after you got the initial collection letter, or is this later on after perhaps disputes that didn't work? Most of mine are for several year old Debts, and I've had them 'validated' twice but I want to see what they actually have before I actually pay.

They had never been disputed...........but they weren't new.  Had been on my CR for about 1-3 years.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.