Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Response from Northland Group

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV Response from Northland Group

Well, this is the first time I have gotten an actual attempt at a DV, but I need to make sure I understand my rights correctly.

They sent a DL showing a balance of 3580.73 with a settlement offer for 1611.33. I responded with a DV. They sent me a printout of my order history with that company dating from Oct 98 - March 00. They also sent me reprinted invoices from Sept 00 - June 01. The highest balance on any of those invoices is 1936.37. The last payment I made according to the invoices was January 01.

So based on these documents I have come to the conclusion that this is not a complete DV because:

-It didn't include any documentation that supported the balance they are reporting.
-They didn't include documentation that they had any right to collect the debt.

Their documents also prove that:

-DOFD was at the very latest was November 00 (the Sept 00 invoice had a past due of 401.83 @ $98+ per month.)
-The DOLA was January 01.
-This account is past SOL (6 years in Oregon)
-Depending on how the CRA calculates it, this debt is either past CRTP or within 6 months of it.

Am I anywhere close to correct on these assumptions? If so, what do I need to do to stop them from proceeding?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV Response from Northland Group

I would answer their DV answer with your own....this account is past SOL and CRTP!!!  C&D

Remember that the OC  would have set the DOFD and DOLA....if it isn't on your CR  they might have changed it.........Is the OC reporting?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-24-2008 08:18 PM
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

no, there is nothing on my credit reports with that amount or any portion of that account number. is there a good C&D out there for me to look at? Are these documents they sent me proof enough if they sue me anyway? This is the farthest I've gone so far with a CA and I'm a little nervous. BTW, what are you doing up this late? Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thjey can not sue when past SOL.................If they tried to sue I would get a good attorney and counter sue.....the attorney or (you) can ask for discovery & they would have to turn over everything that they have....including the info. that they have from the OC or they could not use it in court.

If you remember that it was from 2001   it should be past SOl and they know it.

A C&D  is only sent when you are positive that you are past SOL!!!!!

for open accounts (CC)  Rhode Island  has the longest SOL (10) years     

Message Edited by HappyDays on 01-24-2008 10:16 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, the documents sort of speak for themselves as far as I can tell. and I know this account had been reported at one time, so I imagine it dropped off before I started pulling my scores again. I'll look around for a C&D letter to use.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.