DV Response

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

DV Response

AFFIDAVIT OF OWNERSHIP AND SALE OF CLAIM

STATE OF VIRGINA

CITY OF NORFOLK SS

I, the undersigned, CW, Administrative Manager, for Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC hereby dispose, affirm and state, to the best of my understanding and belief:

1.  I am an authorized employee of Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC, ("Account Assignee") which is doing business at Riverside Commerce Center, 120 Corporate Blvd, Norfolk, Virginia, and I am authorized to make the statements, representations and averments herein.

2.  According to the account records provided to the Account Assignee by US Cellular ("Account Seller"), there was due and payable from AZSASSYCAT, ("Debtor") to the Account Seller the sum of $1010.33 with respect to account number 00000000, as of 12/21/06.

3.  According to the account records of the said Account Assignee, which account records are maintained in the ordinary course of business, the account, and all proceeds of the account, are now owned by the Account Assignee, all of the Account Seller's interest in such account having been sold, assigned and transferred by the Account Seller on 12/21/06.  Further, the Account Assignee has been assigned all of the Account Seller's power and authority to do and perform all acts necessary for the settlements, satisfaction, compromise, collection or adjustment of said account, and the Account Seller has retained no further interest in said account or the proceeds thereof, for any purpose whatsoever.  At the time of the sale and assignment of the said account by the Account Seller, there was due and owing the sum of $1010.33, there being no known uncredited payments, just counterclaims or offsets against the said debt as of the date of the sale.

Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC

Notarized signature by CW on 10/18/07

I received the above from Portfolio Recovery Associates LLC in response to a DV letter.  What do I do next?  Background - this is for an old cell phone bill, SOL expired, estimated date of removal from CRA 02/2009

Thanks for the help.

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

Re: DV Response

I didn't add the "one-eyed wink" smilies, but they made me laugh so I'm leaving them. Smiley Very Happy
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 2 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Oddly enough, I was getting ready to DV Portfolio myself. I have a debt that well fall off 10/09 that they are reporting also. Could you please post a copy of your DV letter to them? Please let me know how this turns out for you. I need to deal with these guys myself.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a letter I sent to them at the same time that I did online disputes.  I never heard back from them but with the credit agencies investigation results came back, they were deleted off all three.  Good luck!

To Whom It May Concern:

It has come to my attention as of September 28th, 2007 that you have placed a derogatory remark to my credit bureau files referencing the above-mentioned account which you claim I owe. This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is disputed. I am requesting validation, made pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. Please note that I am requesting "validation"; that is competent evidence bearing my signature, showing that I have some contractual obligation to pay you.

Please also be aware that any negative mark found on my credit reports from your company or any company that you represent for a debt that I don't owe is a violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act; therefore if you cannot validate the debt, you must request that all credit reporting agencies delete the entry.

Pending the outcome of my investigation of any evidence that you submit, you are instructed to take no action that could be detrimental to any of my credit reports.

If you no longer own this debt, remove the derogatory marks from my credit report per the FCRA. Failure to respond within 30 days of receipt of this certified letter will result in legal action against your company.

For the purposes of 15 USC 1692 et seq., this Notice has the same effect as a dispute to the validity of the alleged debt and a dispute to the validity of your claims. This Notice is an attempt to correct your records, and any information received from you will be collected as evidence should any further action be necessary. This is a request for information only, and is not  a statement, election, or waiver of status.

Message 4 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Wow! That is a GREAT DV letter.

Did you sign that at the end? Did you include your address?
Here we go again...
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! That is a GREAT DV letter.

Did you sign that at the end? Did you include your address?

Never sign a DV because the CA may be shady that they may scan your signature and put it on the desired paperwork to make the account look like its yours....you can include your address so they can mail you back the results of the investigation
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.