Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV confusion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV confusion

First of all, I am sorry if this has been covered before.

Second I want to thank this forum and all its wonderful members. I have learned allot here lerking in the cormers.

Ok, so my user name explains it all. I am confused. I have four accounts that experien just will not remove. Two are past the SOL and the other two I have no knowledge of. I have DV letters writen up ready to be mailed and a friend of told me if I send them the creditor can re-report to Experian and it will be even harder to get them removed. Now I am afraid to send them. Please advise and thanks in  advance, legallyblonde.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV confusion

First-
You only send DV letters to CA's (Collection agency's)

Second-
Are these valid debts?- If they are don't try to dsipute them-
Work with the OC for a removal

Third-
If the account has been removed from the CRA- a creditor must take very specific steps to re-insert

SOL only covers how long they can sue and win-
The CRA's can report 7 years past DOFD.

legallyblonde wrote:
First of all, I am sorry if this has been covered before.

Second I want to thank this forum and all its wonderful members. I have learned allot here lerking in the cormers.

Ok, so my user name explains it all. I am confused. I have four accounts that experien just will not remove. Two are past the SOL and the other two I have no knowledge of. I have DV letters writen up ready to be mailed and a friend of told me if I send them the creditor can re-report to Experian and it will be even harder to get them removed. Now I am afraid to send them. Please advise and thanks in  advance, legallyblonde.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.