cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV'd and received billing statement, now what?

tag
Jacque383
Regular Contributor

DV'd and received billing statement, now what?

With all I'm learning about medical bills one of these days I'm going to be able to answer the questions instead of always being the one asking the questions. Thanks for all your comments and thoughts.

I recently DV'd a medical collection. Yesterday in the mail I received an account billing statement 2000 - 2004 (last insurance payment received). It's more than a little confusing to read! This was from "The Doctor's Clinic" where they inserted not only my medical, but my previous step-daughters medical bills as well as my own daughter's medical bills into one long statement. Apparently they consider me responsible for all of it. I was the one that took my step-daughter into the clinic when she was little, and I did sign as the responsible party instead of her father. But am I responsible for all of it?

I did call her and she told me (she was way over 18 when some of these medical bills happened) that they are also on her credit report.

So my questions are:

1. Does the medical billing constitute validation that I owe them the debt?
2. Can they lump all of our medical bills together? Even when my step-daughter was over 18?
3. Advice on how to proceed.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV'd and received billing statement, now what?

Jacque383 wrote:
With all I'm learning about medical bills one of these days I'm going to be able to answer the questions instead of always being the one asking the questions. Thanks for all your comments and thoughts.

I recently DV'd a medical collection. Yesterday in the mail I received an account billing statement 2000 - 2004 (last insurance payment received). It's more than a little confusing to read! This was from "The Doctor's Clinic" where they inserted not only my medical, but my previous step-daughters medical bills as well as my own daughter's medical bills into one long statement. Apparently they consider me responsible for all of it. I was the one that took my step-daughter into the clinic when she was little, and I did sign as the responsible party instead of her father. But am I responsible for all of it?

I did call her and she told me (she was way over 18 when some of these medical bills happened) that they are also on her credit report.

So my questions are:

1. Does the medical billing constitute validation that I owe them the debt?
2. Can they lump all of our medical bills together? Even when my step-daughter was over 18?
3. Advice on how to proceed.

Thanks.

Im not sure but I believe if you signed as responsable person you are. Check your state SOL

Also check & see if CA must be licensed in your state...if they do & are not lic. they can not collect.
 Check for date of service on what they sent you. This will be your give you APPROX. DOFA

Send another DV and tell them that step-daughter was over 18 & that you are not responsable....do not give any info. about you signing.

read your PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.