Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV letter

When I pulled my CR this year, there was 13 collections and charge offs dating back 2000. I disputed with the CRAs, even though all that negative info was on experian only. I followed the procedures by sending DV letters to the collection agencies and asking verification by the CRA. Among the DV letters, two letters sent to Bankfirst was returned as "not deliverable as addressed". There is no telephone number for Bankfirst, and yet Experian claim to have verified the debt. Just to note, all those accounts have SSNs (4 in total) that do not belong to me and addresses I have never lived at. I am at loss not know what to do next. Please advise.
Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV letter

-The first thing to do is send a letter disputing the other SS #s. To do this you will have to make a photo copy of your SS card and you drivers license. You might also include a utility bill to update your current address. Dispute ever name that is even spelled wrong with one letter or if you are jr and it says SR. You will have to mail all of this in...

I had a bad SS# on y CR and they were able to take it off right over the phone after I talked nice to the lady, but they want you to write and send that info.

-Dispute all of the former address that you never lived at or that are attached to the bad collection. You can do that online or mail it to them, but follow up a week later with a phone call asking them about it and be stern that you never lived there. Then they will probably get to it off during the call or within a couple of days after that.

-After you get the address, SS#, and names corrected then Dispute the CRAs. That makes it easier to remove collections.

-Dispute all Bad or negitive collection Now

-DV each and every CA by mail. Never call and if you chose to email never talk about money. if they try to just ignore them. Remember they are PROs at getting you to make a mistake.

Whenever you send a letter to anyone make it CMRR and take a extra copy of the letter to the post office with you. Get the post office to stamp your copy with the postal stamp that has their location and date. Keep of those as someone could always say you printed that letter at a later date.

Most important, Keep all of your paper work in order and it would be better to make an Excel spread sheet to track what you have done.

You can send some sort of a letter to EX asking them to tell you how they verified and whom they contact with in that company, just seach this web site where all of the letters are posted.

Three months ago I started with 8 collections on my account, today I am down to 2 collections and I have my boxing gloves on. lol

Good luck.

Chuck

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You, Chuck!

What number of Experian do you get to talk with a live person? The numbers I got from their website are all automated. Very frustating!

How about theDV letters that were returned unsigned? Shoud I send another one and hope they will accept?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is Experians Info

Experian
1 800 208 9232
Monday - Friday, 9 am to 5 pm in your time zone
www.experian.com/disputes
P.O. Box 9555
Allen, TX 75013

As for the letters that are getting retturned. KEEP SENDING THEM to the address that is on the CR and make sure you send them CMRRR. and take your copy of the letter to get each page staped from the post office with the date and location.

Send EX the letter asking how they verifed the info and to please provide you with the current contact info for the TL. CMRRR that letter also while getting your copy time stamped form the post office.

YOu can spend some time trying to locate this creditor but dont forget that by law the CRA can only post acurate info on our CR. the more stamps you have and CMRRR stating returned is better for you.

One you have tried all of that then make copys of everthing to incude the envolopes and send it all in to EX.

there was a link in this forum somewhere that could locate CA if you put there name in . you might want to ask one of the moderators for a suggestion.

best of luck

Chuck

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again,

I will follow what you suggested.

E
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sabra The letter to send to EX is a Method Of Verification letter. You can search for samples on this site. You can try using google for the address of the creditor.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.