Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV question

I sent a DV letter to a CA about a month ago. The letter asked the CA to do the following: 1. Please evidence your authorization under 15 USC 1692(e) and 15 USC 1692(f) in this alleged matter. 2. What is your authorization of law for your collection of information? 3. What is your authorization of law for your collection of this alleged debt? 4. Please evidence your authorization to do business or operate in this city and state. 5. Please evidence proof of the alleged debt, including specifically the alleged contract or other instrument bearing my signature. 6. Please provide a complete account history, including, all statements, records of all activity, payments, collection attempts, and any charges added for collection activity. In short, any and all documentation pertaining to this account. I received a reply from them, with the following information: "This letter is to inform you that [CA] currently owns or is servicing the above referenced account with a balance of $x,xxx.xx. You may contact this office to address this matter by calling our office." The CA did not address any of the items in the letter that I sent. Isn't it required to, by law? Is my next step to send all of these docs to the CRAs and request deletion? I have requested deletion on this account before, but the CRAs come back having "verified" the debt. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.