cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV request = "dispute" on credit report?

tag
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

DV request = "dispute" on credit report?

I sent a DV request to Unique National Collections (CA) after I paid the library (OC) in full earlier this month.  I just pulled my credit report (EX) and this is listed under "Your Statement":
Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act).
All I did with this account is send a DV letter to the CA - I didn't dispute it with the CRA.  What do I do now?

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV request = "dispute" on credit report?

Actually, they are required to notify the CRAs that you have disputed it.  They are complying so no complaining.
Message 2 of 3
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Re: DV request = "dispute" on credit report?

If the OC is currently reporting a charge-off (since 2004) and NO CA is reporting, if I DV the Attorney of the CA currently trying to collect on this debt will it result in a report to the CRA?  I'm still torn over this issue because I received initial letter on 1/3/08 and must respond with DV by tomorrow if I am going to do it, but what I really want is not a protracted engagement with this issue (I'm will to pay in full on a debt that's not mine) BUT ONLY IF IT DOES NOTHING TO MY credit report.  So, I can take the risk of paying in full and praying that they don't report, or DV and risk the entry any way--either based on what Lady Scarlet stated above, based on paying on the account, or by subsequent Judgement if it goes to court. :-(

Another question:  Which is worse on FICO score; paid judgement or paid collection??
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.