Frequent Contributor
sunnyday

DV to Experian

Hi everyone.  After disputing some inaccuracies to Experian, and getting no results, I decided to send EX a DV today, asking them to supply me with the information of how they verified the inaccurate info.  I believe they did not even try to verify specific accounts, because I know for a fact that they are inaccurate.  When I tried to ask for a reinvestigation, EX told me that they were verified and I couldn't ask for them to be reinvestigated.  I'm very curious as to what they tell me.  I will keep everyone posted on this one!
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: DV to Experian

sunnyday wrote:
Hi everyone.  After disputing some inaccuracies to Experian, and getting no results, I decided to send EX a DV today, asking them to supply me with the information of how they verified the inaccurate info.  I believe they did not even try to verify specific accounts, because I know for a fact that they are inaccurate.  When I tried to ask for a reinvestigation, EX told me that they were verified and I couldn't ask for them to be reinvestigated.  I'm very curious as to what they tell me.  I will keep everyone posted on this one!

You actually cannot DV a CRA. Send them a DV letter, and they can ignore it--depending upon what you said.
Frequent Contributor
sunnyday

Well I thought they had to verify how they received the information that the debt was valid
Frequent Contributor
sunnyday

EX states on their credit reports that you can request how they verified the info, and that's basically what my letter said
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

It's going to depend upon what you said. If you quoted the FDCPA, then they're going to ignore you. If you didn't, they still might ignore you.

Give this approach a try.

Frequent Contributor
sunnyday

I'm sorry, that's exactly what I meant MOV, not DV.  I have my abbreviations messed up!
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Read over FCRA and familiarize yourself with it--either at the link I provided in the MOV thread, or here.

15 USC 1681i aka FCRA §611

Often when you cite the law, they get very nervous and compliant.

Frequent Contributor
sunnyday

Thanks for the valuable info!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}