Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV vs Disputing....difference?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV vs Disputing....difference?

Lady_Scarlet wrote:
A CA must notify the CRAs of the dispute when you DV (required by law) - so disputing at the same time does their job for them (if they don't it's a violation).

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 02-08-2008 12:20 PM

I didn't know this, makes sense now.

Thanks to everyone who answered.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD is set by OC......IF you become current at any time before CO  DOFD will reset........DOFD does NOT change after CO and can not be reset!....BUT SOL goes by DOLA and will be reset by any payment!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-08-2008 12:44 PM
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the DV letter it has cert. mail # on the top Do you handwrite the # on there and keep that for your records and do you do the same for the copy you send to CA or do you leave that off I've never sent anything cert. mail I don't know the process or cost?????
Message 13 of 15
MsKmm00
Regular Contributor

Most CA's state that you must request debt validation within 30 days from receipt of their request for payment.  Are you all saying you can still request a debt be verified AFTER the the initial 30 days has surpassed?
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
If you dispute with the CRA first and the TL come back validated is there a time period you should wait before sending a DV letter to CA or TL? And could this hurt you in any way by going in this order or is it just a longer process?

This is just my opinion.......When you dispute the CRA notifies the CA....so they know that you are awake and that gets them going.
I never disputed a CA or a OC that was reporting before I DVd or sent an OC letter.
Now I was told that an OC must answer this letter only if you disputed first....Im not sure it is just what a forum member said....it does make sense. SO I would say....if past SOL dispute first then when they verify send OC letter. AND if there is a CA attached to this OC DV them a week before you dispute the OC.
I sent a DV to the CA....waited to see if the answered....if the did & didn't have the info that I requested (yes they didn't have to answer everything that I asked for) I would send 2nd DV telling them that they didn't answer the DV and now they have 15 days to delete.
IF you DV first they are not ready & there is a good chance that they do not have any info. Most things that I wanted I knew that they didn't have but I made them think that they needed it!
I also NEVER touched anything that wasn't past SOL!!!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-08-2008 11:34 AM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-08-2008 11:35 AM

I have read in other threads here and other websites that you can DV even after judgment. I have DVd a CA who sent my a court form saying I owe interest with no principal amount (I still have to go to the courthouse to get copies of the whole package - 10 cents each page plus the cost of my time gas seems reasonable)

The DV came back as there was a judgment against me, so I when I verify and I am almost sure that their info is incorrect then I will have to post and ask others to help me. I will try to go to the free lawyer consult as well.
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.