cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV worked! Paid collection went *POOF* in 1 day!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV worked! Paid collection went *POOF* in 1 day!!!!

"I was also in contact with the oc at the time so they were also calling the ca on my behalf."

That as probably the actual kicker. Congratulations. As for myself, I don't have an oc to advocate on my behalf. I sent the letter out. It's worked for many people. I'm one of the people from whom it didn't work, first time out. Midland is a bottom feeder.
Message 11 of 15
scottie_mommy
Regular Contributor

Hi I'm new here and am amazed that you were able to get the collection account removed from your reports.
I had a collection account due to a miscommunication with an apartment company.  They agreed it should not have been sent to collection, they even called the collection agency infront of me to ask that the account be returned to the original creditor since I was making the payments as agreed; the CA refused.  The amount owed was around $500, on my credit report, it states I owed $2626.
Long story short, I was buying a house and needed that account settled.  They agreed to accept $500 and to remove the account from my credit reports.... well they didn't.  They now have reported it as paid, and all 3 reports have a statement from me disputing it.  I called the agency saying I was promised that this would be removed and I was told that it is illegal to remove a collection account from a credit report even if it is paid.  HELP!!!   What gives?!?!? 
I am so frustrated with them. 
The CA is National Credit Systems out of Atlanta, if anyone has even dealt with them.
Will this letter possibly help me?
That is the only thing hindering my FICO from being where I want it to be.  I wanted to open a franchise and was denied by the franchisor because of this. 

Message 12 of 15
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

scottie_mommy wrote:
Hi I'm new here and am amazed that you were able to get the collection account removed from your reports.
I had a collection account due to a miscommunication with an apartment company.  They agreed it should not have been sent to collection, they even called the collection agency infront of me to ask that the account be returned to the original creditor since I was making the payments as agreed; the CA refused.  The amount owed was around $500, on my credit report, it states I owed $2626.
Long story short, I was buying a house and needed that account settled.  They agreed to accept $500 and to remove the account from my credit reports.... well they didn't.  They now have reported it as paid, and all 3 reports have a statement from me disputing it.  I called the agency saying I was promised that this would be removed and I was told that it is illegal to remove a collection account from a credit report even if it is paid.  HELP!!!   What gives?!?!? 
I am so frustrated with them. 
The CA is National Credit Systems out of Atlanta, if anyone has even dealt with them.
Will this letter possibly help me?
That is the only thing hindering my FICO from being where I want it to be.  I wanted to open a franchise and was denied by the franchisor because of this. 

scottiemommie, you should post your question in "rebuilding credit" as Happydays and Sidewinder can help you. They helped me with mine !!!!!!!! P/S) it is NOT illegal to remove a collection, especially if you didn't pay the CA! The ca told my oc the same bs! Go post this in the rebuilding section!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!...........i was almost tempted to send you the debt validation myself......lol ....can you say...."cut"..."paste"...."fill in the blanks"..."sign"...."mail"..
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok im so hyped up i had to post again..lol....i soooooooooooo can not wait to fire this one off to AFNI...thanks 10 million for posting this ..the wording is perfecto Smiley Happy

Message Edited by UNSTOPPABLE on 09-02-2008 08:52 PM
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.