Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DW can't pull her CRs

tag
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

DW can't pull her CRs

tonight we decided it was time to pull DW's score and reports for the first time. i paid for the 3 score and report. we get all the way up to the identity verification portion with now problems. verification questions was asking about information from certain years that DW was not even in the country yet so of course, we answered accordingly. we were both so excited to see her credit reports and scores, but we were given an error message. myfico said that it couldn't verify her identity so now we have wait 'til tomorrow to call customer service to find out what's going on. 

i just couldn't wait so we went to TU's website and pulled her report directly from them. we were able to answer TU's verification questions correctly and pull her credit report. i expected to see just 1 TL on her report but was surprised when i saw several TL's on her report. it was the cc's where i added her as an AU. but the report indicate that relationship terminated. so next i go to EQ's website and go through the motion of filing a dispute to be able to pull her report. again the verification questions asked similar questions to the one myfico asked. since the items on the questions were not on her report and was asking regarding an account possibly opened a certain year that she hasn't immigrated to the US yet, i answered accordingly. again, she wasn't in the country during the year being asked, so i figured EQ's questions were a breeze. but lo and behold...wrong answer and got a message to fax dispute and copy of DL to them. 

boy trying to check DW's scores and reports is turning out to be a big hassle. my concern is the things on the verification questions were not on her credit file so we answered none of the above on them. and also, like i said, the questions from EQ's website and myfico was very similar. the funny thing also is that i tried to pull my report from EQ's website as well via dispute route and I was asked the same exact questions as DW's. so because i know for a fact that i did not have any of those types of loans, i answered accordingly. but of course, no luck for me as well. EQ also told me to fax dispute with copy of DL.

so what i don't get is....these questions are supposed to be coming from my credit file. and we know for a fact that we did not have or apply for those type of loans/cards ever. so why would EQ tell us we were wrong and to fax information so they can verify us? any ideas???

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DW can't pull her CRs

It always asked me a bunch of question I have no idea where they are coming from.  I know for certain I never had credit with these people.  I haven't been able to get an EQ report for years.

Message 2 of 7
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Same thing with my wife and EQ. We have gone to TU and EX without issue to dispute off AU accounts but EQ wont budge and I know for a fact we answered the questions correctly. 

Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I was going to get the EQ SW and was told I was blocked from EQ products. 

Message 4 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

but the weird thing about it is, i pulled my EQ report via the dispute route just the other day and i had no problems. i think DW jinxed me LOL! oh well...i guess i'll ask DW what she wants to do tomorrow.

now regarding those AU accounts on her report and i've taken her off a while back, shouldn't have those TL's been deleted from her report? Or do we need to dispute them as not being hers? (since chase/cap1/discover is showing up on TU, im guessing it's safe to say it's on the other two reports as well)

Message 5 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If they are saying relationship terminated they should not be counted in her utilization.  If that is the case I would leave them as a good TL.

Unless something is wrong with it.

Message 6 of 7
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

If they are saying relationship terminated they should not be counted in her utilization.  If that is the case I would leave them as a good TL.

Unless something is wrong with it.

no all of them are good TLs. history shows some use but it also shows amount of payments made each month which is either pif or 90% of the balance. well at least the TU report i saw had this specific info. so if it's not affecting her profile...i'll leave it on and not worry about it then. thanks for the advice guiness!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.