cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of Last Activity or Date of delinquency or Date opened.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Date of Last Activity or Date of delinquency or Date opened.

Hello,

I cannot seem to get a straight answer for my question. I was viewing my Equifax credit report.

Date of First delinquency is 03/2006

Date Reported is 02/2007

Date opened is 07/2005

Last activity is N/A.

I called and spoke to someone at Equifax. They had no clue what they were talking about.  I need to know what N/A by last activity means.

If Equifax looks at last activity, then how would this fall off?  The guy suggested I call the creditors, but I am not going to do that because they will reset the 7 years.

Please help. What should I do in case of the N/A?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Re: Date of Last Activity or Date of delinquency or Date opened.

N/A means data not readily available. As far as the fall off, usually it is 7 years after the DOFD plus 182 days.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No, calling the creditor will not reset the fall off date.  Nothing resets that date.

The only thing it could possibly do was if you entered into some sort of verbal agreement for payment, the suing SOL could restart.

The DoFD is 3/2006 so 7 years plus 180 days from that would be approximately Sep 2013.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

It is unclear from the post what the  "this" item is that is being considered for CR exclusion.  Dates are always associated with events, and just listing dates is kinda meaningless.  What is the reported activity that gives concern as to its reported date?

The DOFD on an account is totally immaterial to credit scoring unless the item under consideration for CR exclusion is either a charge-off or a collection.

It has no other purpose.  Congress amended the FCRA back in 1998 to set one, single date-certain for exclusion of either a charge-off or a collection from a consumer's credit report.  That date is the DOFD on the OC account plus 180 days plus 7 years.  Period.

Statement of a date of last activity has, in and of itself, no precise meaning, as it must be associated with the activity reported.  It could be as innocuous as the date of their last monthly reporting, or it could relate to reporting of a delinquency, DOFD, payment, etc.  DOLA never resets the statutory exclusion date for a collection or charge-off unless it is the actual reporting of the DOFD on the OC account.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.