Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date of Last Activity

tag
Starr79
Valued Member

Date of Last Activity

This might be a challenge to answer..but here I go ..

I had a college loan with Sally May I opened in 1997 and defaulted on in 2001. It was a secured loan that was paid for by ECMC. I then paid off ECMC with my tax refund in 2007. ( Ok my refund was taken..but still). Currently my Equifax CR from MyFico shows this to have been opened Sep 2005, with a DOLA also as Sep 2005. Current balance is $0 and Current status is 120+days past due. I am thinking I should dispute the DOLA, but i am not sure because the OC was paid by the ECMC, and i am not sure if DOLA re-starts when a secured student loan is paid by ECMC. If it was a collection agency and not a secured loan, I would say they are wrong..but i am not positive and want to be sure before I ask it to be removed. Also, since it was paid in full in 2007, does this re-start the DOLA? Or does that only happen with OC?  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Date of Last Activity

The time period for exclusion of information from your CR is not based on your date of activity on the account.  It is based on the date of occurance of the adverse item of information.

Old derogs with the OC are excluded after 7 years from the date of the relevant delinquency.  Nothing "restarts" the date of occurance of a derog.  It is the date it occured.\

DOLA is not relevant.

If the 120-day late occured more than 7 years ago, it is now excluded from inclusion in your CR.

Message 2 of 3
Starr79
Valued Member

Re: Date of Last Activity

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.