Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing With OC for Deletion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing With OC for Deletion

I have cut and pasted this from a different room. Please look over and offer your support.

I do have some baddies on my report and alsohave goten 1 secured CC and a secured Loan in the last 30 day, but the have not shown up yet on my CR.

Here are my baddies

****BANK CHARGE OFF- paid and will report to the CRA today that piad in full
****COLLECTION FROM AFNI- disputed in dec and removed (OC sprint), but came back on in JAN. Disputed again adn CRA verifed. Last week i sent a PFD letter as i just want it to go away. (debt is $160) waiting to hear back. 
****COLLECTION FROM Unique National Collection- Dipsuted w/EX and they verfied it in 5 days during the New Years eve holiday. Sent PDF letter and they responded I need to pay the OC and they sent me a "verification" letter. I sent last week a request for "VALIDATION". I am lost now and dont really know which way to go after they replie.....

Good Items.

****Orchard Secured CC $450-dont know when they will report to all three CRA. aproved 2 weeks ago..
****Bank Loan Secured 2K-1st payment reportes this week.

PLease give any suggestions that you can..

Chuck  TransUnion 578/Equifax 575/ Experian 512

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: the collection from Unique...that tells me the OC still actually owns the account.

This is good as it puts you in a better negotiating position to be in. I was successful in having 3 collections deleted from my CR's by negotiating directly with the OC after offering to pif and pfd.

I'd also suggest you start GW'ing the paid bank charge off. IMO you'd definitely be well over 600, perhaps mid 600's if you got those 3 things deleted.

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 03-03-2008 10:34 AM 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you deal with the OC?

Phone or Lettered Mail?

Is there a sample letter that i can send out to them..

Does the orginal OC have the power to tell the CA to remove the item?

Please advise me on how to go about dealing with the OC as it is only 45 dollars, but killing my report.

Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dealing With OC for Deletion

Chuck, IF the OC still owns the account, and you are successful in geting a PFD, then the OC will instruct the CA to delete the account.

There are many good examples of a PFD letter in Frequently Requested Threads I posted to you and southerngirl earlier.

Here is how I got my 3 med collections deleted from my CR's. It's kinda long....please bear with me:......................................

I was successful in getting 3 med collections removed from my CR's back in October, 2007 by negotiating with the hospital(it was for 3 ER visits for my daughter).

This worked for me, and here's my story. Please bear with me:

In September I pulled all 3 CR's from freecreditreport.com. They showed 3 med collections. I called the CA(yes this is a no no...I know that now), and after looking up my account, I told them that I would pay in full IF and ONLY IF they would delete the entire entry from my CR. They said they'd gladly accept my pif, and would mark the account as PAID. I said not good enough. I don't want it marked PAID, I want it deleted. They told me the only way that can happen is if the hospital instructs them to do so. I said fine and hung up.

I THEN called the hospital, and after 5 minutes of looking up my account, they told me what I owed. I said I would pay in full with a cashier's check, and hand deliver it to them tomorrow, IF and ONLY IF they will instruct the CA to delete the entire entry from my CR.

The CSR who I talked to said she'd have to talk to head of her department at the hospital. I said fine. Call me tomorrow with your answer. She did. YAY! I then said, as a further condition of paying in full IMMEDIATELY, I would like an original duplicate, on hospital letterhead, the letter of instructions to the CA instructing them to delete the entire record from my CR. She agreed.

The next day I took a cashiers check to the hospital, and asked for the letter(for review). She gave it to me...it looked perfect....I then handed my cashier's check to the CSR.

2 weeks later I received a letter from the CA notifying me they have deleted the files from my CR's. The next time I pulled my CR's they were all gone.

Sorry to be so long winded. But hope that helps.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the time and effort. your help is most greatfull and i am on the phone right now tryingto make a deal.. I hope this works...

Regards
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck Chuck! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Remember! A paid collection is just as almost as bad as an unpaid one!

I'd suggest you not committ to anything if they don't accept your PFD, and come back here and talk about it some more with us.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

chuck it is hard to advise without dates......DOFD  DOLA  SOL.

IMO  a DV should be sent before even thinking of a PFD.

IF you disputed the OC and it came back verified....then there is a letter to send them (OC letter)

Unles the OC verifies in a dispute they do NOT have to answer the letter. This is why you need to dispute first

It is the othe way around when dealing with a CA!    First you DV and wait 30 days for an answer  then dispute if needed.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK; here we go.

Just a recap on what i have done to date prior to calling the OC (city library) today.

>>I disputed with the CRA (Experian) and they verified it in 4 days during New Years Eve.

>>I then mailed the CA (Unique National Collection) standard PFD letter and received a "verification" letter back from them and they also stated that I need to pay the OC (city library). Then sent a copy of the original card that I signed and computer generated print outs of the items not returned.

>>Last week I sent the CA a letter stating I didn’t want verification but "VALIDATION".

>> Today I called the OC (city library) and the supervisor stated that he can only remove info that is not correct and provide me a letter of PIF, but he said that the manager can review and possibly make a decision. I had told them that I have been doing lengthy tours in Iraq supporting the troops and I have not received any mail from them regarding this debt. He asked for me to provide him proof of my tours. He is going to gather and prepare everything to present to the manager when he returns to work tomorrow. The total amount is only 45 dollars. 

The debt is from Jan 17 2004 and the due date for material was like one or two weeks later. SOL in Texas is 4 years

Please advise on what you guys think I should do!!!!!!!

MyFico is the best, thank for your support.

I am so happy right now that you guys are helping me

If any more details are need please just ask!!!!!!!

Chuck  TransUnion 578/Equifax 575/ Experian 512
Message 6 of 7
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

If the debt was assigned to a collection agency does that mean that they own it or are they  just trying to collect for their client which is the OC?
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.