Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dealing w/ Cap One on late accts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing w/ Cap One on late accts

Okay I really need some advice on how to handle cap 1.  In mid August I called them to arrange payment plans on a past due account.  I was told there was nothing available for my account that has a bal of $1000.00 or my husbands that has a bal of $18000.00.  I agrred to pay 65 on mine and 50 on my husbands by 9/4 which I did.  I then called them again to see if there were any plans available to us yet.  Once again for my husband I was told they couldn't help me except for me to pay 3 payments of 800.00 I explained I couldn't pay the 500.00 so how can I pay 800.?  They said that is all they can do and I must meet certain criteria that I have not met yet.  We did make arrangements on my account.  We agreed to 4 seperate payments over the course of a month that would bring my account current and under the limit.

Two days later I get a call from Cap 1 asking what I intend to do about my balance.  I explained I made arrangements already and gave her the dates and amounts that were agreed to.  She says they have no record of this arrangement.  She tells me the dates and amounts I give her wont bring my account current anyway.  She keeps saying okay so you agree to 50. today.  I am not getting very upset as I have explained about 5 times now that I just made a payment that day that was agreed upon 2 days ago and I wouldn't pay anymore untli the next agreed upon date.  She says that arrangement must have been a computer gliche once again she says "you agree to pay 50. today."  I now tell her I wont agree to anything with them because it is obvious they just reniged on an agreement I made with them just 48 hours ago.  I explain they refuse to work with me at all on my husbands account.  I told her the conversation is over.  I will work with a creditor that keeps their agreement and pay them what I can. 

Is this typical of Cap One?  Also, how long will it take them to sue.  The account I am worried about most is my husbands which they refuse to work with at all.  I have kept notes of dates, times and people I have spoken with at Cap 1.  If we are sued and a judge sees the efforts I have made to work with them, but yet they renig on agreements or refuse to work with us at all will that benefit me?  Will that possibly stop the judge from freezing our bank accounts or something like that?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.