Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit Card Scam and EQ Scorewatch - A common link

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debit Card Scam and EQ Scorewatch - A common link

fused, my heart goes out to you in this nightmare. I pray it's not widespread, but who knows?

Have you also contacted the BBB and the FTC? All 3 CRA's? A letter to e-bay, paypal and amazon might be in order. Having an email addy, might be traceable to a physical address via the ip. Reporting "it" to his isp, would put some misery into "its" life as well.

We can make "its" life as miserable as as we want, and perhaps ruin this thief. (My retribution list is very long)

That is disgusting.

Message Edited by Sylviatob on 11-27-2007 04:34 AM
Message 11 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Digismarket Scam and EQ Scorewatch - A common link

@fused wrote:
My bank says they can't trace where the money went. How can this be?

Huh? That's impossible! The bank HAS to have "its" acct.# and bank routing in order to withdraw the funds!
Message 12 of 43
Dawn
Established Contributor

This is the most recent information I see on this issue.  At least it's getting some public attention.

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi denbar. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Incredibly interesting article. With a place to post your own experience. Good eye! You come up with the most fascinating articles.

A good suggestion contained in the article:

Those affected might consider filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center

http://www.ic3.gov/
Message 14 of 43
dizzier
Established Contributor

how disgusting!

equifax may not be responsible, but i bet that whomever processes their payments for them is where the problem lies.

guess who won't be purchasing anything from Equifax...

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 15 of 43
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I love how the EQ spokesperson spun it by saying that it wasn't an EQ problem; it's just because so many savvy consumers check their credit with EQ.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 43
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Seeing that a credit freeze won't be in place for several days, I am going to close all of my CCs, cancel EQ SW and will also be closing all of my bank and brokerage accounts. At this point I cannot trust anyone.
Message 17 of 43
dizzier
Established Contributor

umm wow! fused you might want to give your self time to calm down before you go crazy closing accounts!

Until Chase lowers my ridiculously high APR they can kiss my patootie! Their card has been retired to the sockdrawer. Smiley Mad
Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused, slow down and take a breath. I know it's disheartening, but not the end of the world. I can agree with freezing your cr's and canceling SW, but the other things seem extreme in the circumstances.
Message 19 of 43
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

fused wrote:
Seeing that a credit freeze won't be in place for several days, I am going to close all of my CCs, cancel EQ SW and will also be closing all of my bank and brokerage accounts. At this point I cannot trust anyone.

Somebody get a credit app in front him now before we lose him, stat!
Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.