cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debit card vs. Credit card - which improves my scores?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debit card vs. Credit card - which improves my scores?

I use my debit card for daily purchases, saving my credit card for large ticket items (which I pay off promptly).  I've heard this can have an adverse effect on my credit score.  Any ideas?

Message Edited by Altheamia on 12-14-2007 05:34 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Debit card vs. Credit card - which improves by scores?

Your score comes from items reported to a CRA, and debit transaction are not reported.  So they neither help nor hinder your score.  Sensible use of a credit card is very useful for your score.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debit card vs. Credit card - which improves by scores?

Don't be fooled  credit/debit VISA/MC are NOT created equal, only in theory they are , but the reality is not so.

If you have a problem with a credit card, then it's the banks money that is at risk, with a debit card, your money is GONE, and you have to get it back, and a debit card is nothing more than a convince, where as credit cards is a very competitive market, So they have much more motivation to help you.

I was reading today a statistical expert when it comes stopping unauthorized recurring charges, they receive most complaints involve debit cards.

There you have it , you decide
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.