cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Collector for a Debt Collector??????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Collector for a Debt Collector??????

Need some help with this one.  I received a settlement offer letter from RAB, Inc (regional adjustment bureau).  This letter tells me that this group is a professional collection agency hired by creditor to 'assist me in the payment of my delinquent account'.  Sooo elequent!

Then one looks up to the original creditor -ARROW FINANCIAL SERVICES!  Another Collector!
No mention of the real OC.  I would like to DV this group to find out.  I have two the are within about 6 mos. of dropping off -so they must be past SOL (MI -6 yrs)   It could be Target/Macy's or it could be JCPenney.  Neither was mentioned.

I would like to DV these people.  Neither RAB nor Arrow appear on my reports.  What would be the proper wording?  RAB did a hard inquiry not too long ago.  I found one wonderful letter on this site -but it was geared towards one collector and not two.

Thanks for the help, in advance.  I love the site - I am learning so much.

Gulliver 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Collector for a Debt Collector??????

I've had Arrow too.  They are one big company that trades debt around with smaller sister companies.  If it is supossed to come off your CR soon then dont pay it.  If you need it off your CR you can try Arrow (they are the nicer of the numerous sister companies).  Dispute it first on all three CR at the same time.  It might come off.  
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh, forgot to mention............. do a search at the top for "Arrow Financial"  theres a lot of info.  If these are not on your CR I wouldn't wake a sleeping giant.  They cant add it to your report later if its past the SOL. 
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If past SOL, DV the one you received the letter from. Keeps them from reporting until the validate.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

hopeless wrote:
oh, forgot to mention............. do a search at the top for "Arrow Financial"  theres a lot of info.  If these are not on your CR I wouldn't wake a sleeping giant.  They cant add it to your report later if its past the SOL. 

Yes, they can still add if past SOL. They can't add if past CRTP.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the scoops.  The confusion is -neither have reported on credit reports -otherwise I would just go to the CRA's. 

I have the DV ready using one that was posted here.  I am anxious because it would be my first -but am concerned about waking sleeping giant. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.