Did you mean: 

Debt Consolidation Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Consolidation Loan

Hi all!

Just looking for some advice:

I have three big ticket items, one a CO loan for $2667, another a $3700 judgment that is not on my credit reports, and lastly (if that weren't enough of course) a $3200 college bill that is on my TU report and is due to fall off in April. I'd like to get rid of these massive debts as soon as possible. The CO is really destroying my credit; the judgment is providing me with a healthy dose of headaches; the school bill is preventing me from finishing up my degree, something I will earn after a grand total of one more semester is completed.

The total there is about $9000. Is there any possible way I could qualify for a debt consolidation type loan with scores of 486/529/524? Dumb question, I know, but getting such a loan would go a long way toward helping me reestablish some positive credit history.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Debt Consolidation Loan

You can try to get a loan at a Credit Union, but otherwise you're in trouble. You can't do anything about the CO, but you need to find out about the judgment. I find it hard to believe that its not reporting, those court house records are usually reporting and dragging down your score within a few months of you capitulating in court.

Your best bet with the CO is to arrange a PFD. If you owe all the money still, then you can make that arrangement, but you probably have to PIF otherwise they'll laugh at you (one you hang up).
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Consolidation Loan

Also be aware that there is no SOL on student loans-
They WILL get their $-

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.