Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Consolidation Suggestions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Consolidation Suggestions

Looking for advice from the masses on the best way to handle the following situation:

Recently had approx 38k in credit card debt; had a large payout and just knocked out 25k - so only 13k remaining on an amex w/ 20% interest

Also, my current vehicle has 140k+ miles on it, so i am going to need a new vehicle very soon. I don't own outright, its a 2010 explorer with approx 7k balance, which is also approx it's current value.

Current credit is 700+ FAKO, but it includes 1 maxed out card (only card with a balance), otherwise no usage

I am a USAA customer and was considering taking out a personal loan at 8% (approx) to knock out the other 13k in debt (IF i can get approved)

I am wondering what the best approach to this scenario would be...

my current thinking is to take out a debt consolidation loan with USAA and then purchase a new vehicle with best credit score and 0 credit card debt.

Any suggestions, advice, feedback would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Consolidation Suggestions

If USAA turns out to be a no go, you can test the waters for a loan without incurring a hard pull credit inquiry. Payoff.com, Sofi.com, Prosper.com, LendingClub.com, Avant.com, Upstart.com, BestEgg.com, and PromiseFinancial.com are all soft pulls to see if you qualify, how much you can get, and at what APR.

Notes:

Avant tends to have very high interest rates even for high Fico scores. They wanted 35.98% when my score was 819.

BestEgg will spam the crap out of you, both by eMail and by telephone.

Stay away from Lending Tree. They are not the same as Lending Club, and all they do is farm out your app to multiple lenders who will hard pull you.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.