cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt/Credit Ratio - Amex?

tag
BarbaraBeau

Debt/Credit Ratio - Amex?

I know they take your debt to credit ratio but what do they use for Amex since there's no established credit limit? 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt/Credit Ratio - Amex?

Every month, your balance will be reported as your credit limit. Kinda stinks.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If talking Charge cards- IE Green

Only the old TU (98) formula uses this in utilization. It uses the "High balance"

The Current EX and EQ from My fico igrone this and so does the TU 04 that most lenders are using.
Message 3 of 5
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

This Amex thing can really tank your score quickly--and confusing! DH has a Amex Platinum--his monthly charges can range from 1500- 30,000+ depending on how much he is traveling. He always pays it in full and before the due date; however, I have noticed that the reporting does not coincide with the actual payment made or balance. Additionally, the balance reported may not be current. So, in a month where he only charges 1500 his scores will go up --the next month they drop if he has a lot of activity. Keep in mind, he always pays in full (and often pays the "recent charges" which have technically not been billed. I have been tempted to dispute the balance as not being accurate-- but don't know what good that will do.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll notice that Amex (Gold) will report as a Charge account, not revolving.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.