Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Pay off. What would you do?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Pay off. What would you do?

Thanks, ilovepizza!  It sounds good.  :-)  So, what does everyone think about ilovepizza's option?  Try and put all the balances on the lowest interest rate cards and then ATTACK!  Sounds good, but I am not a veteran at this.  Any input?  Thanks, again, ilovepizza!
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol. Some of the other replies sounded similar too. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 01-18-2008 07:00 PM
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did this end of 06 first 1/2 of 07 until it was gone-

Scores were secondary to saving $. The scores came right behind with the on time payments and low UTL.

Pizza knows his stuff-

kino1161 wrote:
Thanks, ilovepizza!  It sounds good.  :-)  So, what does everyone think about ilovepizza's option?  Try and put all the balances on the lowest interest rate cards and then ATTACK!  Sounds good, but I am not a veteran at this.  Any input?  Thanks, again, ilovepizza!

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, Timothy, you did the same thing?   You put as much of your debts as you could on the fewest amount of cards with the lowest interest rates and then just started to pay as much as possible each month?
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- and the DW had a bunch of UD accounts-
I should add that we did call each and every one of them and asked for APR reductions- and to keep accounts when paid.

kino1161 wrote:
So, Timothy, you did the same thing?   You put as much of your debts as you could on the fewest amount of cards with the lowest interest rates and then just started to pay as much as possible each month?

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My APRs are already low.  I want to do what pizza said by putting all my balances on fewest amount of cards and just attacking them.  In my case I can put them all on 2 cards but both cards will be like 90% util.  Decisons..Decisions!
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy has a great idea! Request a lower competitive apr. Right on! I hear about people receiving apr reductions upon requests. When ever I did that they responded that I might be able to have one "after I pay off the debt". I have never been successful. They have however reduced it after the debts were paid back. But would not budge when they were making money off me. That's ok. I made up the loss with a bunch of 0% apr offers they gave me later. Smiley Happy

On the other hand I have been far more successful asking the cc companies for a promo rate if I transfer a balance. If they don't have my debt but want it, they usually offer me a better rate to grab my biz from the other cc company. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 01-19-2008 01:04 PM
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also you can call Discover to try to get a 0% interest for life.

Exception is after a year your have to make 2 purchases every month. So buy gas or gum. Or paypal yourself a penny twice a month.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.