Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt Transfer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Debt Transfer

I've been receiving phone calls for the past 18 months from debt collectors for someone who doesn't live at my residence.  The calls have come from Allied Interstate, NCO, and now 1st Nationwide Collection Agency, Inc.  I've written to the State Attorney General of MN and he sent letters to ask the agencies to cease and desist, but all they do is transfer the debt.  The company's won't give me any information about the debt (including their address), since I am not the debtor.  I've been cursed at, hung up on and called names by these low lives and I've just about had it.  Does any one have any suggestions??  I've had the same phone number for 35 years and I'm not about to change it now.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Transfer

Get an air horn and have some fun with the next caller. Smiley Happy

You could take the numbers from your caller ID and ask the phone company to block them. Personally I'd get the air horn.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

How "often is the same company harassing" you? If you really need to put a stop to it, you can. This is ExtRemE, but I had to do it once. It works. Try and get their their address and phone number before you answer anything next time. Say something like I am not telling you anything until I know who you are. I am sure that you have told them "never to call again". Being that you have done that it becomes a crime if they keep harassing you. If you know who they are, have their phone number and address, and really want to put an end to it, you can contact the local police dept in their area and report harassment. The police will contact them, and put a stop to it and they won't sell your information the next time it transfers to a new collection company..... as long as you are not the person they are looking for. Definitely extreme.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your advice about calling the local police, but I no sooner find out the address of the collection agency and they transfer the debt along with my telephone number.  I just received a call yesterday from another agency, told them they had the wrong number, and once again they promised to remove my phone number from their database.  The calls will stop for a couple of days and then it begin all over again.  I don't understand why there isn't a FEDERAL agency to handle these kind of complaints, rather than forcing the consumer to go through the State Attorney General's office or the local authorities.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Look up the area code for Quebec. Make up a number starting with that. Be very friendly and helpful. Tell them x moved to Quebec two months ago and here is his new number.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.