Established Member

Debt Validation

Where can I get info on DV and DV sample letters? -- Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt Validation

Outline the situation a bit by telling us the CA, DOLA, DOFD and your state's SOL (varies by type of account) - there are many letters (some less pushy than others).

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 03-10-2008 11:25 AM
Message 2 of 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 6
cherno31
Established Member

CA-GLA Collections - Medical bill for $143.
Date last active-Nov 2004
Date assigned-Nov 2005
Date last reported-May 2007 - This is when I learned of the collection and paid it in full. I thought my insurance had covered this bill and I did not get notification. Now it is showing up as a recent collection because I paid it in May 2007. Called GLA last week and they refused to remove it. Began disputing last week with all CRA's. This occured when I lived in KY, now I live in SC. -- Any suggestions? -- Thanks
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who owned the debt - the OC or the CA? First thought is DV the CA - they maay not validate.

Let me stwe on this a bit - I am bookmarking you for alter response

Gotta go to work
Message 5 of 6
cherno31
Established Member

Thank you Lady Scarlet - I think the CA owned it because I also called the OC and the lady there acted like they have nothing to do with the account after it has been handed to the CA. But I went ahead and begged her to please call the CA and see what she (being the OC) could do. She agreed, but sounded hesitant and not convinced that she would be able to do anything.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.