Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debt consolidation loans

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Debt consolidation loans

Discover and BOA sent me a debt consolidation loan pre-approval. Does anyone know how this looks on your Credit Report. Does it just say loan or debt consolidation loan. Do Credit card companies or mortgage companies know that this is an debt consolidation loan when they look at your credit report. I know it is an installment loan so it would bring my score up since it would decrease my util% on my revolving. If i was to get manually review, would they know this was a debt consolidation loan that paid off my credit cards. thanks everyone
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Debt consolidation loans

oracles wrote:
Discover and BOA sent me a debt consolidation loan pre-approval. Does anyone know how this looks on your Credit Report. Does it just say loan or debt consolidation loan. Do Credit card companies or mortgage companies know that this is an debt consolidation loan when they look at your credit report. I know it is an installment loan so it would bring my score up since it would decrease my util% on my revolving. If i was to get manually review, would they know this was a debt consolidation loan that paid off my credit cards. thanks everyone

None of my debt consolidation loans have showed anything about debt consolidation.

As far as your revolving, FICO scoring looks at your revolving and your installment util seperately.

The loan itself won't help your revolving util,  unless you use the loan to pay off your revolving.

Some places require you to close the accounts they are consolidating.
Message 2 of 3
oracles
Valued Contributor

Re: Debt consolidation loans

thanks sidewinder. i am looking to use the loan to pay off my credit cards so it would definitely help my UTIL% and my score will go up. Is 7.99% good or is there something out there better? I just wanted to make sure that if i was to get a manual review, they would not know i used it to pay off my credit cards.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.