Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Declined for CLI for LOC? DTI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Declined for CLI for LOC? DTI?

I have a LOC with my credit union that I have had since I started working for the company, not sure if we can post our personal info here.  It is only $500 and I actually had it decreased from $3000 years ago. (before I became educated on credit)  Last month, I applied for a CLI and they declined me saying that my DTI was too high.  I have several rental properties, so I have 12 mortgages on my credit.  When the rep first took my appl. she did not ask me for the income for the rentals.  I called and gave them my rental income and they still came back and said my DTI was too high.  I want to increase it to $10,000, should I have asked for a lesser CLI?  If so, don't they usually counter if they cannot do the requested amount?  Thanks for your help on this one.

How do I do the recon. that I have read about on the other posts?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Declined for CLI for LOC? DTI?

I'd go into and talk to them and see what they can offer you. Make sure they included all your income and all your information is correct. Being a credit union, I think they are more willing to work with you. Mention it was $3000, maybe they'll go back to that at the very least.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.