Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Addresses and Names

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delete Addresses and Names

I recently asked the CB's to delete some old addressed and some misspelled names.  I did this on-line thru their websites.  I just pulled my new Truecredit file (all 3 CB's) and it doesn't show that anything has yet been deleted.  This has been over 2 weeks ago.  Does it usually take this long?  Is it possible that TrueCredit just doesn't show it and that the bureaus have actually updated?  If they haven't, should I try them again?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
josie
Regular Contributor

Re: Delete Addresses and Names

It usually will be up to 30 days for them to show any updates sometimes less i have been waiting for equifax to merge my credit reports for a little over three weeks. It's weird they have one report that if any one pulls my credit report it shows to collection account that has been paid. And when any of my credit cards send in their updates it goes to another one. The difference in the two is one shows my first name as my last and the last name as my first. The other one shows my first name as my first and my last name as my last. SS is the same on the two don't know how equifax got these messed up.
Started over because life happens.
I did it again even better this time. My highest score last time was 680

Starting Score: 513 Ex 520 Eq 534 Tu
Current Score: 689 Ex 684 Eq 698 Tu
Goal Score: 740

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Delete Addresses and Names

It all seems to depend.

EQ has proven very difficult to get an incorrect variant of my name removed. Addresses were not a problem to get fixed, but the name thing is making me inclining to send an ITS (Intent To Sue) letter.

EX has the names and variants all correct, and they removed the incorrect one (which I think EQ originated) without problems. Addresses however are proving impossible. Sent them a list of all previous addresses, validated thru the USPS website, and they ignored it. Got a few deleted via their website, but they recently added a couple of new and incorrect variants. Thinking ITS with them as well.

TU was very easy to get addresses corrected, and they didn't have any bad name variants. They did however recently screw up the wife's report and updated our current address by dropping a couple of digits outta the address. Some people's children.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.