Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted stuff off credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Deleted stuff off credit report

I am in the Army, and trying to buy a house before I get out.

So I am trying to fix/impove my credit.

Someone opened a Verizon Wireless account under my name while I was away at military school.

My ex husband had a Chase Credit Card in Collections and it ended up on my credit report.

I called Equifax, TransUnion and Experian...and had those two removed.

Will having those two removed imporve my credit? And around how many points do you guys think I will get if it does imporve it?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Deleted stuff off credit report

@darkblackrose wrote:

I am in the Army, and trying to buy a house before I get out.

So I am trying to fix/impove my credit.

Someone opened a Verizon Wireless account under my name while I was away at military school.

My ex husband had a Chase Credit Card in Collections and it ended up on my credit report.

I called Equifax, TransUnion and Experian...and had those two removed.

Will having those two removed imporve my credit? And around how many points do you guys think I will get if it does imporve it?

Hello and welcome to the forums.

First of all thank you for your service. I understand the sacrifices that come with that.

These actions should help you but what still remains on your credit reports is also relevant. Do you have any other negatives reporting?

How many points might you gain from this? Again that's very difficult to say without knowing your full credit profile.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see you servied in the Marines, thank you for your service as well. Smiley Happy

When I turned 18, I jacked up my credit...BAD.

It may sound stupid, but my "Parents" never taught me the importance of taking care of my credit, and I didn't think it was a big deal then.

I got a bunch of credit cards when I turned 18 and they all went to collections.

Now that I am in my mid 20's, I have been raising it up from 300+ to:

Equifax: 621

TransUnion: 595

Experian: 610

I know it's still not good what so ever, but it's better than it was years ago. I am trying to find ways to raise my credit scoire. Trying to learn how on this website. Smiley Happy Thanks for your feedback! I also don't have any other negative reportings.

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@darkblackrose wrote:

I see you servied in the Marines, thank you for your service as well. Smiley Happy

When I turned 18, I jacked up my credit...BAD.

It may sound stupid, but my "Parents" never taught me the importance of taking care of my credit, and I didn't think it was a big deal then.

I got a bunch of credit cards when I turned 18 and they all went to collections.

Now that I am in my mid 20's, I have been raising it up from 300+ to:

Equifax: 621

TransUnion: 595

Experian: 610

I know it's still not good what so ever, but it's better than it was years ago. I am trying to find ways to raise my credit scoire. Trying to learn how on this website. Smiley Happy Thanks for your feedback! I also don't have any other negative reportings.

That is a very good thing. Continue to learn and ask questions and you'll be just fine. Remember this is a journey and not a destination.

Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@darkblackrose wrote:

Derogs tend to have a major impact so removal will help.  We can't tell you the number of points.  There isn't a direct point value per derog.  As others have said, if you have any other dergos be sure to address them as well.  The Rebuilding subforum may be a useful resource.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.